Can I check the odometer without starting the car on a new Mazda?

pbm

I want to do an early OC on my daughters new Mazda CX-30 but I don't want to start the car often just to check the mileage. Is there a way to have the odo show itself without starting the car? TIA.

To add to NitroM3, sometimes you have to hit the start button twice to get to the odometer, but it must be done without your foot on the brake pedal to keep the engine from starting.

It is a MAZDA CX30 so I guess we all would need to have the year to be accurate. But I think that are all the same at least from 2015 to present for dash indicator activation.

Thanks guys...it's a 2021 (the CX-30 came out in MY 2020). As far as starting the car to check the odometer...I try to avoid doing that especially on a GDI vehicle where 'short trips' can cause IVDs.
I would consider it a step backwards if the car needed to be started just to look at the odometer.

wpod: It has a fob rather than an 'ignition switch'....the first car we've had with this....not sure I like it.

Last edited:
I want to do an early OC on my daughters new Mazda CX-30 but I don't want to start the car often just to check the mileage. Is there a way to have the odo show itself without starting the car? TIA.
Owner's Manual?

Owner's Manual?
I couldn't find anything related to my original question....but then again today's owners manuals, which often have 60 or 70 pages on how to operate the 'infotainment system', can be like looking for a needle in a haystack....

I couldn't find anything related to my original question....but then again today's owners manuals, which often have 60 or 70 pages on how to operate the 'infotainment system', can be like looking for a needle in a haystack....
So just turning on the ignition without your foot on the brake didn't do it? As long as you don't have your foot on the brake, pressing the start button will not start the car. But it will turn everything on, including the instrument cluster.

Just push the button but stay off the brake. Push the button again twice to go back to off.

Or, just check it the next time she starts it up to go somewhere.

There is also the online manual.

According to the owners manual, page 4-14 the multi-info display is on when the door is open. You may need to push the info button on the wheel to change what is displayed. But apparently, it's supposed to display when the door is open.

How did I find it in the owner's manual. I went to the index and looked for instrument cluster. Found it in a matter of seconds.

Hope you find this works for you.

So just turning on the ignition without your foot on the brake didn't do it? As long as you don't have your foot on the brake, pressing the start button will not start the car. But it will turn everything on, including the instrument cluster.
Yes. I was able to see the odo when I pressed start without having my foot on the brake....I thank those who pointed this out to me. I have since found a section in the OM that mentioned 'Acc' by doing that but as I alluded to earlier...many of today's OM's are like reading 'War and Peace'....

Back