Can Hyundai filters fit Mazda vehicles?

One note about the CX5. If it's a 2.5 turbo, the filter bypass valve spring has a different spec. I think OEM filters are the only ones that meet the spec.

No that is not it. Don't assume you know which Mazda TSB I was talking about.
It is talking about a totally different topic anyway.
FYI : I did not issue the TSB. Mazda did.

The TSB is simply saying the turbo needs a different filter number ... it doesn't say anything about the differences between the non-turbo and the turbo specified filters.

You just posted some of it. Now you need to read the second sentence. DTC= diagnostic trouble code or check engine light. It says what I stated it said. Thanks for posting it.

OP here....I ended up buying a ST 6607 for $2.97.....it says it's good for 10K although she'll probably get changed around 7 to 8K.....I used PP...

OP here....I ended up buying a ST 6607 for $2.97.....it says it's good for 10K although she'll probably get changed around 7 to 8K.....I used PP...
Not bad for short interval, the e-core design doesn't actually look that bad but the nitrile drain back isn't great for extreme temps. I think its a rebadged ACDelco oil filter. Excellent filter for the price.

I have a car that takes a non adbv filter from the dealer. The aftermarket ones are usually with adbv like Fram. I can testify even with a base up filter, an adbv gives a cleaner start with less rattle. Very slight in my case but I detected it. Flow is the same and speed is the same, a rubber flap isn’t anything at all to the oil pump. It has harder work to do than that.

Not sure how much value there is in my experience on this, BUT....as an owner of an Outback with the 3.6 H6 motor the OEM filter is still the black Tokyo Roki's. They're very well built it seems and also have no ADBV but that likely doesn't matter. I can actually get them for about $7ish from the dealer here but I stopped using them about sometime ago for the simple reason that I have no clue what their efficiency numbers are and metal end caps or a thick can don't matter to me anywhere near as much as how well it actually...you know...filters lol. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't know and I prefer knowing what's filtering my oil.

We all know the whole unicorn Subaru bypass noise and some of the Mazda's seem to have that same noise. All I can say there is that we have 4 Subaru's in the family and none of them have used a OEM filter in a long time and have been perfectly fine with everything from a Fram Extra Guard, to Ultra, to Napa and Wix, microgard, and a purolator Boss all in severe mountain conditions. I know that some people have noticed different startup noises etc with this or that filter, but in all my years I can't recall ever noticing any difference in sound with any filter brand I've used.

I definitely wouldn't stress about OEM bypass or flow specs as I've never seen any real world evidence that it matters for squat and we simply don't know the reasons as to why that specific OEM filter has that type of spec (it's not just about oil pump volume etc). So find one that filters the best and is approved by the filter maker for your application and run with it. Just my 2 cents.

Back