Can Coat (original)

I like how the water sheets off. That’s excellent even after ten months.

What’s the difference between the original and the Evo?

Scott HD detailing videos on YouTube show Can Coat to be one of the longest lasting ceramic type sprays...$40 a can though...but probably works out when it lasts that long versus the $25 a bottle stuff from Griots or Meguires, that may require a reapplication after 7 or 8 months.

Scott HD detailing videos on YouTube show Can Coat to be one of the longest lasting ceramic type sprays...$40 a can though...but probably works out when it lasts that long versus the $25 a bottle stuff from Griots or Meguires, that may require a reapplication after 7 or 8 months.

I would say this: CanCoat is definitely not like most of those other sprays. It’s a true ceramic coating it just happens to come in a pump spray bottle. The Obsessed Garage guy had overspray harden and had to polish it off with a machine. That’s not true for any of those other spray coatings. Griots will come off with a microfiber towel no matter how long you leave it. I use Griots 3-in-1 and like it, but in the real world if you drive in all weather and park outside etc. I only get 2-3 months out of it. To me, it’s basically a traditional wax replacement.

Last edited:
That's why you spray it on the microfiber towel then spread and buff. ;)
Oh, definitely. It’s a great product, super strong, but it can’t be used like a generic spray sealant where it’s impossible to mess up.

I would say this: CanCoat is definitely not like most of those other sprays. It’s a true ceramic coating it just happens to come in a pump spray bottle. The Obsessed Garage guy had overspray harden and had to polish it off with a machine. That’s not true for any of those other spray coatings. Griots will come off with a microfiber towel no matter how long you leave it. I use Griots 3-in-1 and like it, but in the real world if you drive in all weather and park outside etc. I only get 2-3 months out of it. To me, it’s basically a traditional wax replacement.

The Griots 3 in 1 is a spray on wipe off product. It is not supposed to be left on to haze over or dry.

My car is parked under a carport so technically it’s outside but protected from rain. I get a good six months protection from the Griots.

The real benefit of the Griots is that you can use it after every wash as it only adds a short time to the job. A couple of sprays per panel, wipe and buff. That’s it.

I have been using the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax on my daily driver and in rainy Seattle weather, I get 6 to 7 months out of it (parked outside), with the exception of the lower rocker panels, and front and rear bumper...there it lasts about two to two and a half months. Going to give the NuFinish Graphene spray a try this summer as I found it on sale at AutoZone for only $11 on clearance.

Appreciate your feedback on the CanCoat, as I had not heard that before...like anything RTFM first. :)
One other peice of advice from Scott HD is to read the SDS on these ceramic and graphene sprays. Most all of them are toxic and you should at minimum be wearing gloves and probably at least a particle mask, if not an respirator. Its surprising they are not more warnings on the actual bottles of the products and you have to read the SDS to learn the actual dangers.

Some beading pics over the last year with original Can Coat.

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

Back