Can Am motor oil / gear box oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2012 Can Am 800 Outlander ATV. Of course Can Am recommends their XPS Semi-syn or full Syn oil for this ATV. If this oil is not available the owners manual says to use a 5w30 with SM, SL, or SJ API classification. They also recommend XPS ChainCase oil or an equivilant for the gear box( i believe this is 75-140 gl-5).
What motor oil and gear box oils are any of my fellow BITOG's using in this machine or what do you recommend? Thanks, Rusty

Im having good luck with Rotella T6 in my 700cc Polaris Ranger, Im using Redline 75/90 in my rear diff and Polaris Recomended fluids in my gearbox and front diff.. So far so good

Also im finding the Polaris likes its oil changed between 25-30 hrs on Rotella, any longer thaqn that and you can really start hearing alot of noise.. this motor is very hard on oil.

I have a 2010 650 Outlander @ 2,000 miles. I have used the BRP summer blend motor oil and the XPS chaincase oil since new. I have about 300 miles now with Walmart 75w-140 synthetic in the transfercase/gearbox and it seems to shift and work just as well as with the BRP stuff. I'm thinking about switching to a 0w-40, 5w-40, or 10w40 synthetic motor oil. Not sure which brand yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back