Can-am 800 outlander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys Im new to the site. I was wanting to get some input on what the best synethic oil to use in a 800 outlander that has a 843 JE piston kit, aftermarket cams, hmf exhaust,snorkels and clutch work done. Bike runs 8100 rpms in mud races or on trails. that is top rpm. We have ran it flat out on pavement an it hit 90mph. It has alot of torgue. Never been on a dyno, but with the info added up we have been told it should be putting out about 85 at the crank and roughly 72ish on the ground. Those are estimated on paper. I'm looking for a off the shelf oil and concerned about foaming at the higher rpm. Any thoughts?

I've been using Amsoil Motorcycle 10w40 in my race quads for the last few years with great results. Stays in grade when pushed hard, minimal foam and not hard to find.

Nice quad BTW, post up some pics, I'd love to see it.

And,
welcome2.gif

Asking for an "off the shelf" oil rec can be a little tough when it comes to ATVs and Motorcycles since every dealership seems to stock different brands like Belray, Motul, Amsoil, Repsol, Maxima etc.

If you can find it I would go for Amsoil, Redline or Motul. I just switched over to Shell Rotella T6 5w40 in my Grizzly 700 just because I didn't want to pay $12 per quart for the super awesome oils.

How many hours do you put on you oil before you change it out?

I'll try an post a picture soon. For the hours I would say that depends on how hard and long we run it and the condictions it is in. Sometimes after every race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back