Can acdelco ultraguard golds filter smaller than 25 microns?

I was reading on the old a.c. Delcos,upfs.the y were discontinued.now,theirs a.c. Delco irregulars g olds.98%@25-30 microns. I read from someone else,in single pass efficiency, the upf? Single pass was 8-10 microns. But don't remember the percentage,94 maybe?
Can the gold filter,filter smaller,like10-20 micron ,and at what %? Multipass?singlepass?
outdone still filters better,and fram ultra.or toughguard.

If it's 98% @ 25μ, then it will be less efficient at 20μ and even less efficient still at 15μ, 10μ, 5μ etc. So yes, it will filter some particles smaller than 25μ.

Read the last half of this thread and you'll see how efficiency curves look.

Yeah,I read a lot of that post..but never found the actual tests for all too see.23 pages ....ouch...
Well, what would be the efficiency,10-20 microns? For the a.c. Delco gold filter?

I was reading on the old a.c. Delcos,upfs.the y were discontinued.now,theirs a.c. Delco irregulars g olds.98%@25-30 microns. I read from someone else,in single pass efficiency, the upf? Single pass was 8-10 microns. But don't remember the percentage,94 maybe?
Can the gold filter,filter smaller,like10-20 micron ,and at what %? Multipass?singlepass?
outdone still filters better,and fram ultra.or toughguard.
Unfortunately, the Ultraguards of old are not the Ultraguards of today, the media has changed (no longer full synthetic). Still a good filter, but Ultras, Donaldson Blues, and other full syn media filters can outfilter the newer Ultraguards.

I know.the regulars are not the same as 20 p lus years ago. Why did,Delco make a priceier filter,just for maybe,an extra lower 5um of filtering? It's kinda,weird...
I do 3,700 too 4000 miles changes.by then,oil is very black.Didn't start turning black till like 3400 miles. Within 6 months of driiving.

It's too bad,carquest blues are the same. priceier,but not 99%@30um.I like their filters,use the red ones. Think the gram ultras,will filter 5-10-20 microns over a 4,000 miles 6 month change? At what effeciency,%?

It's too bad,carquest blues are the same. priceier,but not 99%@30um.I like their filters,use the red ones. Think the gram ultras,will filter 5-10-20 microns over a 4,000 miles 6 month change? At what effeciency,%?
If you want the best efficiency down low, buy a Fram Ultra. Motorking said it was 80% @ 5u IIRC. Per test data link in Post #4 above, I can believe it.

The charts,on the link...how come they stop at 15 microns? Not lower? And tthiers 4charts.is the first chart, the one too look at?

The charts,on the link...how come they stop at 15 microns? Not lower? And tthiers 4charts.is the first chart, the one too look at?
Because the particle counter was set to not measure below 15μ. You can visually extrapolate and see about where the curves are heading below 15μ.

Just buy an Ultra and forget about it if you want best efficiency. 😄

Didn’t both the expensive AC Delco and RP show a high differential ?
2 to 4 PSI higher before getting loaded up, and also loaded up quicker (less holding capacity) and delta-p jumped up.

See 3rd graph in link in Post #4 above.

2 to 4 PSI higher before getting loaded up, and also loaded up quicker (less holding capacity) and delta-p jumped up.

See 3rd graph in link in Post #4 above.
That’s the graph … did not see it in this thread. Now have an XG3614 at 12k going to 15k …
A few more PF63E’s to use up before I return to the XG10575 … wanted all the low pressure PRV units to clear out which other than older online stock should be cleared …

Back