Calvin & Hobb's, this is so close to the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cJJ7l.jpg

There are a subset of business owners who are just nasty people who aren't employable elsewhere.

Saw one guy grousing on the news; his restaurant was closing, and of course it wasn't his fault he drove his customers away-- it was the government's.

Instead of pulling himself up by the bootlaces, though, he complained on TV, and the local stations with jokes of news departments "reported" it to boot.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
There are a subset of business owners who are just nasty people who aren't employable elsewhere.

Saw one guy grousing on the news; his restaurant was closing, and of course it wasn't his fault he drove his customers away-- it was the government's.

Sydney business owner went to the media saying he was going to sue a woman who had destroyed his business, by slandering him on viral e-mail.

What she actually did was spread his e-mail to her when she said a meal wasn't that good in feedback..."you didn't enjoy your meal because you are stupid !" (or words to that effect).

...and it's HER fault he's losing business ???

I grew up with Calvin and Hobbes, and I think I have every one of the books. I even have a newspaper article about Watterson's retirement saved, from 1995 or whenever he retired. Truly great stuff, and I pull out the Lazy Sunday Book every now and again.

My absolute favorite was a 3-panel where in panel-1 Calvin & Hobbs are glued to the TV, in panel-2 Calvin & Hobbs are glued to the TV, in panel-3 Calvin turns to you and says "and Karl Marx thought religion was the opiate of the masses".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back