Calling Acura dealers

I have two Acura dealers in my metro area and call both to ask about if they were selling the Integra at MSRP if you order one. The first dealer said they have a $3K ADM on their orders. I called the second one and actually talked to the sales manager. I asked the same question and he said their ADM is less then what other dealers charge, $2995🙄. He said they have a 6 speed demo on their lot but you have to hurry to test drive it because it’s going into the shop because their putting $7K of carbon fiber accessories on it. The final price of the Integra hasn’t been finalized but the 6 speed will be around $36-$37K. Then you add $3K ADM and $7K of accessories, you got $47,000 nicer Honda Civic SI. These dealers are out of touch.

I like the looks of the Integra and the lift back. Is it worth the $6-7K over the Civic? Then you have to deal with the pretentious Acura dealers that they think their selling God’s chariots. He even mentioned they have open slots that weren’t filled on the reservation system. Maybe Acura thought by bringing the Integra name back, people would be lined up to order one like the Bronco. I think putting the CVT in this car was a mistake. They have a DCT in the ILX.

I have two Acura dealers in my metro area and call both to ask about if they were selling the Integra at MSRP if you order one. The first dealer said they have a $3K ADM on their orders. I called the second one and actually talked to the sales manager. I asked the same question and he said their ADM is less then what other dealers charge, $2995🙄. He said they have a 6 speed demo on their lot but you have to hurry to test drive it because it’s going into the shop because their putting $7K of carbon fiber accessories on it. The final price of the Integra hasn’t been finalized but the 6 speed will be around $36-$37K. Then you add $3K ADM and $7K of accessories, you got $47,000 nicer Honda Civic SI. These dealers are out of touch.

I like the looks of the Integra and the lift back. Is it worth the $6-7K over the Civic? Then you have to deal with the pretentious Acura dealers that they think their selling God’s chariots. He even mentioned they have open slots that weren’t filled on the reservation system. Maybe Acura thought by bringing the Integra name back, people would be lined up to order one like the Bronco. I think putting the CVT in this car was a mistake. They have a DCT in the ILX.

I'd tell them., you can keep it. I'll buy a base Audi S3 for less money than your greedy overinflated price on a tarted up Civic.
Audi S3 0-60 4.5 seconds AWD 7 speed dual clutch vs an Integra which is far slower.

You're calling dealers about a newly released, hyped up vehicle in a supply chain disaster and are surprised they aren't going to bend over backwards for you? What am I missing here?

Also if you think the car isn't worth it why are you even inquiring?

My SIL is having to put a new CVT in her low mileage, not very old Nissan Rogue for big bucks. So unless you trade your vehicles in while they're still under warranty, I would stay away from CVTs. No-one needs a vehicle with a disposable transmission. But the 6 speed manual transmission should be excellent.

The last Integra was a really nice and a really good car. I nearly bought a 6-speed Integra instead of the Accord.

As for asking over MSRP, that's just an aberration because of the shortage of product. Wait a while.

Imagine paying $37k for a gussied up Civic.

Sounds perfect for folks who dress up for work in a button-up shirt they bought from Baby Gap, with Gucci sunglasses, walking into their Comcast store in a strip mall to start their shift.

Imagine paying $37k for a gussied up Civic.
An Integra always has been a nicer Civic based vehicle with higher price than Civic since first generation. Nothing different. The Civic version it’s based off of sells for $29k. The “base” Integra sells for $31k without dealer markups.

Last edited:
You would be surprised at how many people pay list price or more when they buy a vehicle.
My son in law a couple months ago paid an MSRP of $58K on a Silverado.
It's a real nice loaded truck.
He can afford it but still..................

You're calling dealers about a newly released, hyped up vehicle in a supply chain disaster and are surprised they aren't going to bend over backwards for you? What am I missing here?

Also if you think the car isn't worth it why are you even inquiring?
There are Acura dealers out there selling at MSRP. The two in my metro area have a markup. I feel MSRP on these are fair with the technology package. Not when dealers throw these overprice options on them and have a $3000 markup.

Back