called FRAM; FU not available at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called FRAM today, informing them that their top of the line product that is only pennies more than the others, doesn't make the store shelves at out beloved Wally World...

They actually told me that I should be telling their employees to order it but for the life of me, when I try, I get that look as if I have one eye and a uni-brow. What say you about this, do we have to travel around like a traveling Wilbur-y just to get our hands on basic 1st world necessities?

is this preposterous or what?

FYI: I like FRAM but Walmart is messing with my car care needs. Am I right on this?!?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
So I called FRAM today, informing them that their top of the line product that is only pennies more than the others, doesn't make the store shelves at out beloved Wally World...

They actually told me that I should be telling their employees to order it but for the life of me, when I try, I get that look as if I have one eye and a uni-brow. What say you about this, do we have to travel around like a traveling Wilbur-y just to get our hands on basic 1st world necessities?

is this preposterous or what?

FYI: I like FRAM but Walmart is messing with my car care needs. Am I right on this?!?

You probably earned the call of the month at Fram gear head

That would be too much effort for me purchasing an oil filter. Go on ebay or amazon and purchase 6 filters or so at a time like a Bosch Ac Delco or even OE.

Next time you're at another location (city) check another Walmart check their stock. Not all stores have the same people involved in ordering products for the store in fact I'd go as far to say you may even be dealing with personal product prejudice.

Did you check WM online?

WM up in Canada is nowhere close in terms of offerings and price. I ordered my Ultra's from Rockauto. Others have ordered from Ebay (6 pack with free shipping).

Frams right, you're wrong.

They rely on a pull inventory system.
This means the retailer must maintain adequate inventory at point of sale and ask for more when inventory is depleted.
FRAM and every other major manufacturer of oil filter is setup this way.
You need to contact Walmart and ask them to stock their store.
Or buy online and don't worry about it.

Ok so good news here, there is an angel at FRAM, his name is James. He is sending me some so if you get a chance, tell people how cool FRAM is. Meanwhile, I will be counting the miles of this 4k-ish OCI for the day when I can install my beloved FU. stay tuned.

Btw, they don't make the air filters for a civic in case any1 has the misfortune of owning a honda.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Also, Bro, when your stash runs out, you can likely do WM Site-to-Store with free 2-day shipping to get more from walmart.com .

Funny, James never mentioned any of this balderdash err option, me thinks he was fine and dandy with my impending request for some freebies. hrmpfh, if it's all the same to you, I will utilize my freebies first, thank you very much. BULLWINKLE and where is your partner in crime, what was his name.

If you EVER need to ask an employee at Walmart anything...simply ask for the manager. The ants running around are not trained to do anything besides occasionally stock the shelves and take smoke breaks. It doesn't even exist in their head that there is anything else that could be done.

Even asking for the manager will probably cause some confusion.

OP, if you are reading this, you are on the internet. Over at Walmart.com, they sell practically anything you would ever want. You order your Fram Ultra filters from walmart.com and they will ship them to your store for free. Then you just pick them up during your next Walmart shopping trip. Try it some time.

I always keep at least one oil filter in stock for every one of my engines, so I can do an oil change without having to go to the store.

And I don't know why you called Fram. Wrong people. They sell filters to Walmart by the millions and don't have any say on what stores get what filters.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Ultra-Synthetic-Oil-Filter-XG7317/16878930

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
OP, if you are reading this, you are on the internet. Over at Walmart.com, they sell practically anything you would ever want. You order your Fram Ultra filters from walmart.com and they will ship them to your store for free. Then you just pick them up during your next Walmart shopping trip. Try it some time.

I always keep at least one oil filter in stock for every one of my engines, so I can do an oil change without having to go to the store.

And I don't know why you called Fram. Wrong people. They sell filters to Walmart by the millions and don't have any say on what stores get what filters.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Ultra-Synthetic-Oil-Filter-XG7317/16878930

Bubbatime, my suspicion is that this is one big yarn being pushed by the OP. He is a reincarnation.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
Funny, James never mentioned any of this balderdash err option, me thinks he was fine and dandy with my impending request for some freebies. hrmpfh, if it's all the same to you, I will utilize my freebies first, thank you very much. BULLWINKLE and where is your partner in crime, what was his name.

It sounds like you're on crack or something.

Hey HondaBro,I'm going to go with a Wix 57356 on my Accord come next oil change. I like the sturdy build of it over the Fram. It's made my Mann Hummel.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Too late to edit. I now just saw this was about air filters,sorry! :p

AQUAMAN..CLIFF NOTES version..

1. FRAM oil filters are not or were not avaiable locally at WM.
2. FRAM Ultra air filters aren't made for my car

BOTH!

What is the store number or address of the WM you're referring to? I see your location info vanished from your profile.

Did you check to see if Honda offers a pre-oiled air filter for your vehicle?

Did you check to see if Autozone offers a STP Premium pre-oiled air filter for your vehicle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back