Californias most dangerous highway.

I-15 in the cajon pass is #1. It's a 4-5 lane hwy near me with a slight grade and a slight turn at the bottom.

Guess people just can't drive any more.

It's closed / blocked etc every day due to bad drivers. There is only 1 on and off ramp in this stretch. Not like it's loaded with side streets that could contribute to an accident.

Then you get this.

I've been up and down that road a few times..... It came as a shock to see the Cajon Pass Summit Inn destroyed by fire on the national news a few years ago! :(

Current situation.. not my pic.

Screenshot_20221012-115953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst drivers in the world are going into or leaving San Bernadino. I should qualify that. The worst drivers I've ever seen are going into or leaving from San Bernadino. I haven't driven in Europe or Africa.

So, the Angeles Crest Highway got bumped from #1?

The Cajon Pass/Grapevine are filled with drivers that stay in the left lane doing 55 or less, forcing people that can drive faster to use the right lanes for passing.

Compounded by the truckers who think they are driving cars, feel they can get out of the truck lane and pass another truck, with the end result of people needing to slam on their brakes for the "faster" truck that is barely driving faster than the trucks in the slow truck lane.

IDK, I-35 is very dangerous in many places, especially where it goes right through the middle of several metro areas like Austin and Dallas. The shear number of trucks running up and down I-35 coming from (and going to Mexico) is unreal, and many of the truck drivers are obviously not qualified to be driving them. My wife refuses to drive on it, and she won't watch out the windows when she is riding with me.

Back