California to ban ICE vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Governor of California, Gavin Newson has announced today he will bring in legislation to ban vehicles with internal combustion engines, by April 1, 2025 in the cites of San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. In conjunction with the legislation, a new vehicle scrappage program will be unveiled to provide consumers with up to $2000 towards a Electrical BEV or PHEV vehicle if they surrender their ICE vehicle to the car crushers.

April fools.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I thought you meant Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) vehicles. Not Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles.

lol.gif
Both are funny considering the politics in California

Originally Posted by BigD1
What's the poor people supposed to do...walk?

Of course not... the government should give them Teslas.

I watched a few depositions on YouTube from when they introduced emissions on OTR trucks in California. If your truck was pre-1981 or could not be retrofitted with modern emissions it could not be registered. It screwed the industry and put many small operations out of business. They were offered a subsidy of $45000 when a new truck was $120000+. $2000 is a joke for any car under ten years old that is in decent shape.

The question is will old cars be grandfathered in? I'm going to assume not because Cali has to have the most old cars in the US and they are the worst polluters. They didn't allow the OTR trucks that grandfathering and it caused a lot of hardship.

The technology isn't there and probably won't be as long as there is oil in the ground. Their economy is amazing but they are already starting to run out of money, people and businesses will be fleeing that state like crazy.

Houston had switched buses to CNG to make them cleaner … but that was not good enough downtown … so the electric train was was shoved in after the fact and does not fit nor does ir operate at economic capacity … it also crosses fast at difficult angles to ever see the train or gain the right perspective …

Google: houston's downtown rail disaster (endless stories) …
I have had two near misses myself and I don't go in this area often …

Originally Posted by StevieC
I thought you meant Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) vehicles. Not Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles.
lol.gif
Both are funny considering the politics in California

You just gave Gavin Newsom another idea,....oh, no..... Fits right into his plans to give away California.

In reality, cities around the world are about to do something like what Madrid, Spain, is doing:

"In December, Madrid began restricting access to gas-powered vehicles made prior to 2000 and diesel vehicles made prior to 2006. Exceptions are currently being made for cars with a private parking spot that are registered in advance. Come 2020, older diesel and gas-powered cars won't be allowed to enter at all.

Older diesel and gas-powered taxis will have until 2022 before the ban goes into effect, while hybrid vehicles with an "eco label" are granted free reign. Any car that's found in violation of the new rules will have to pay a fine of around $100.

On its first day, the ban successfully cut traffic on Madrid's busiest street by a third. The city expects the ban to impact around 20% of the cars entering its urban core.
"

https://www.businessinsider.com/cities-going-car-free-ban-2018-12

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Maybe the wall should be built on the east side of the San Andreas Fault.

That wouldn't work. Look at a map of the fault.

It's April 1 maxdustypants, lighten up.

...then again, Newsom once floated the idea of a $1000 fine for putting regular garbage or compostables in the your recycling bin in SF, so humor can be a blurred line with Gov. Brylcreem. The concept of locking your cans or riding shotgun to see that nobody puts their failed begonias in your recyclables is funny enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back