California high capacity mag ban news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time someone who obtained guns legally and then went syco and killed people with his guns, the law makers go into a tizzy and thier solution is to take away all guns from everyone - ie, New Zealand reacting to the last mass shooting there went that way in short order. That scenario seems to be happening more frequently. At some point this country will try to do the same thing - what are you/we going to do then?

As we all know, the criminals will always get guns somehow - even if none were legally for sale anymore. Can you imagine society where no citizen could protect themselves from the ever present (and possibly increasing) criminal element.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Astro14
Actually, I am making the case against tougher purchase requirements. Tougher purchase requirements would NOT have stopped the Columbine shooters from getting weapons.

A 21 year old girl, with no priors, bought Kleebold and Harris the guns. She went through a dealer. She was clean. She passed the NICS check.

Is there any reason we couldn't create a universal firearms license with separate endorsements for different classes of weapons? It would hardly be prohibitive to any firearms enthusiast or responsible owner.

What other Constitutional rights require a license?

I'm OK with a background check. That's been the law for a while. I'm OK with prohibiting some people from owning a weapon.

But licensing is like putting a small tax on voting, or simply requiring property ownership to vote... it's an infringement.

And licensing has been used in other countries to form the basis of confiscation.

"Ah, Mr. Smith, since you have a firearms license, we are here to search your house and confiscate any firearm that has been retroactively deemed illegal".

That's exactly what IS happening in New Zealand right now.

No thanks.

So what is the solution to the problem we have? Nothing? Just live with it? Start hiring Triple Canopy to patrol our schools and churches?

No, be a man and take responsibility for your and your family's safety. Quit relying on others to do it.

And don't vote for criminal pandering politicians.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
― Samuel Adams

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Every time someone who obtained guns legally and then went syco and killed people with his guns, the law makers go into a tizzy and thier solution is to take away all guns from everyone - ie, New Zealand reacting to the last mass shooting there went that way in short order. That scenario seems to be happening more frequently. At some point this country will try to do the same thing - what are you/we going to do then?

As we all know, the criminals will always get guns somehow - even if none were legally for sale anymore. Can you imagine society where no citizen could protect themselves from the ever present (and possibly increasing) criminal element.

Yep, check out Australia. According to their own government, only a small percentage of guns were turned in when made illegal. Same would happen here. Heck, in the UK, they are almost to the point of only being allowed to have sporks in the home, as knives are now deemed too dangerous. Of course, people are still being shot there all the time. I won't rely on the government to protect my family. They'll arrive too late and with chalk in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back