California grid officials ready to ask for conservation as extreme heat wave approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Californians, don't plug in your EV this evening. High temps mean power shortages after the sun stops shining on those solar panels.

Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Really, the problem isn't EV's, it's air conditioners. We need to ban air conditioners that go lower than 86f. Why does anyone need to have their house so cold?
I like it warm, but even I won’t go higher than 75F in the house. The humidity becomes unbearable if I go much higher…. Also my wife will go to a hotel if I did that.

I also tinted the big bay window in my living room to about 5 or 10%, just doing that made a significant difference.

I cannot speak to that. But I do what I can to minimize energy cost. It's expensive here.
Mine is charged up. No worries. Plus, the heat wave is more in the Central Valley; I live in Silicon Valley and insulated my house to help manage heat.

Well, you’re clearly not doing enough…🤣

But seriousply, i think it’s great you insulated your house, not too many people think of that in the Bay Area. Many houses are not insulated well or not at all over there.

Thankfully I don't have an EV or air conditioning. The iPhone is saying it should be 84 here today which apparently warranty an excessive heat warning since it is outside of our 68-72 comfort zone in Santa Barbara.
You could be out in the Shoshone/ death valley area!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-085111.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-085111.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
I spoke to my friend in Germany that owns a small new car dealership, his electric bills are 3-4x times higher than last year and they are still pushing this EV nonsense. People are beyond PO'd Anyone with a brain larger than a flea knew when they were shutting down the atomic plants it was a disaster waiting to happen. Now it has happened and the new religion doesnt have a clue how to fix it now the promise of endless electricity from windmills and solar has fallen flat on its face.
This crap is coming to the USA unless people take off the welding goggles and expose this pipe dream for what it is, a money driven Chicom sell out.

I've heard recently that the heat has been so high in China that most of their charging stations aren't even working right now. One thing that doesn't work well is electricity in the extreme hot weather. Even regular basic electronic consumer items misbehave if they get too warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back