California gasoline prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Y'all:

Today's gasoline prices at a nearby Chevon gas station. This is the closest gas station to our home but I refuse to buy there because of the ridiculously high prices they charge. My version of the cancel culture.

Scott

IMG_4870.jpg

Last edited:
There was a Mobil station on the Storke/Glen Annie exit on the 101 that was at 4.79/4.89/4.99 for probably 7-8 years. And the crazy thing is people would go there. While just on the other side of the freeway there was a Chevron that was at least $1-1.50 a gallon less.

Exxon 93 just topped $3 here today. My station is pretty off the beaten path, so that's probably low in comparison.

There is no national emergency or economic catastrophe the oil giants can't find a way to profit from.

How do those expensive stations stay in business when you can drive down the street and save 50 cents easily?

There is no national emergency or economic catastrophe the oil giants can't find a way to profit from.
Gasoline is traded on an open exchange. Wholesale gasoline is trading today at $2.03/gallon. The oil companies provide us with a product we MUST have and make a very small profit/gallon. If you want to know who makes a killing on fuel sales, then look no further than the taxes you pay on each gallon.

$3.49 in Martinez yesterday. Around town, $3.79 seems to be the lowest other than at Costco. Finding prices way over $4.00 a gallon is easy. By the way, SF has banned natural gas for newly constructed buildings. Going all-electric. Hello, brown-outs!

Gas in Central PA is high due to our gas taxes. Lowest I have seen is an Exxon....$2.89/gal for regular, $3.19/gal for mid-grade and $3.59 for hi-test.

$3.49 in Martinez yesterday. Around town, $3.79 seems to be the lowest other than at Costco. Finding prices way over $4.00 a gallon is easy. By the way, SF has banned natural gas for newly constructed buildings. Going all-electric. Hello, brown-outs!
$3.49/gal at the Antioch Costco for 87 and $3.85 for 91. Nice to see another local.

The mom & pop stations have the worst gas price near me. One mom & pop near me is charging $2.959 for 87 and a Speedway down the road is $2.459 for 87. The particular station always prices gas 6 cents higher than anyone else awhen gas goes up and is very slow to lower the price if at all.

The mom & pop stations have the worst gas price near me. One mom & pop near me is charging $2.959 for 87 and a Speedway down the road is $2.459 for 87. The particular station always prices gas 6 cents higher than anyone else awhen gas goes up and is very slow to lower the price if at all.

Yeah there's a small place here where the affluent folks have to drive past to get to their part of town; this is THE gas station for the area. They are always at least 60 cents higher than what most others are charging, and sometimes more.

Before the unspeakable topic I use to go to a large get-go by the entrance of South Park, but there are too many people too close together there to go there now. So for the last year I have been using a Sunoco that has higher prices but less customers so I do not have to get near anyone. I pay with my credit card so I never have to go into the store. And use disposable gloves.

There is a Sheets that has the lowest price and a large number of pumps, but the quality of there gasoline actually made our Impala run bad about 2 years ago so I will never buy gas there again.

When everyone in our home has been vaccinated + 2 weeks for immunity, I will again use get-go with lower price than Sunoco, but higher price and higher quality than Sheets.

Hello Y'all:

Today's gasoline prices at a nearby Chevon gas station. This is the closest gas station to our home but I refuse to buy there because of the ridiculously high prices they charge. My version of the cancel culture.

Scott

View attachment 54136
Scott -

I am so sorry you live in what it used to be the most beautiful state of the Nation :(

Gasoline is traded on an open exchange. Wholesale gasoline is trading today at $2.03/gallon. The oil companies provide us with a product we MUST have and make a very small profit/gallon. If you want to know who makes a killing on fuel sales, then look no further than the taxes you pay on each gallon.
There's definitely more to it than the state taxes. FL and CA have a ~20-cent difference in gas tax, but over a dollar per gallon difference in average prices currently. CA's gas tax is 26 cents a gallon more than NC's, but there is a $1.30 difference in average prices, for perspective.

Are CA's gas taxes high? Absolutely, but not nearly so different as the difference in prices (which has other factors, including the different blend, supply/demand due to few refineries, etc.) would lead you to believe.

Gas Tax Rates by State | 2020 State Fuel Excise Taxes | Tax Foundation

Scott -

I am so sorry you live in what it used to be the most beautiful state of the Nation :(
Well, I think it is the most beautiful state in the nation. Plus Cali has some of the best weather in the world.

But lately I've seen vehicles with a bumper/window sticker saying - "I Miss California".

So true. I ordered some.

Scott

Well, I think it is the most beautiful state in the nation. Plus Cali has some of the best weather in the world.

Lately I've seen vehicles with the bumper/window sticker saying - "I Miss California".

So true. I ordered some.

Scott
👍

How do those expensive stations stay in business when you can drive down the street and save 50 cents easily?
Looks like people are willing to pay the price. As per the picture there’s an suv in the unleaded fueling area and a diesel truck at the diesel pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back