California drivers brace for costly new gas tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be easier to accept if the money was spent where they promised to spend it. One of the last such gas tax increases was spent promoting a high speed rail to nowhere which was never mentioned on the Senate floor when the vote was taken and passed.

super foxy newsy spin on this article.

because don't like the law they call it a "tax" that they're passing on to the customer.

You could also say Wall Street pass on the "fines" they get on to the customer as a "tax".

You could say the fees they have to pay for oil and gas rights on public land is a "tax"

Despite these "taxes" seems like the oil companies are plenty profitable, so you could also claim it's their choice to extract the highest profit from the consumer.

Last edited:
californian's generally are.

It's the rest of the red states and FoxyNews that want to make california out to be "victims" to fit their agenda and rile up their base on an issue that doesn't affect them.

Looky what will happen to you in California. Full of gays, pot smoking hippies, hipsters, techies who don't Get it, super high priced real estate, and taxes regulations, taxes! SMH SMH SMH SMH!

Nobody should go there anymore, it's too crowded!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

It's the rest of the red states and FoxyNews that want to make california out to be "victims" to fit their agenda and rile up their base on an issue that doesn't affect them.

Looky what will happen to you in California. Full of gays, pot smoking hippies, hipsters, techies who don't Get it, super high priced real estate, and taxes regulations, taxes! SMH SMH SMH SMH!

Hmmm,

The article stated that gas prices will rise because of a law passed by our esteemed elected officials in Sacramento. This will impact me because I live in kalifornia. We are not victims, after all we voted for them. I don't really see anything sensationalized here, but then I haven't got my medicinal Maryjane card yet
crazy.gif

Last edited:

Don't forget our budget surplus.

Folks out in LA just purchased their second fuel-sipper due to a new job located nowhere near any of the woefully inadequate public transportation. Kinda glad they did it before those little Hondas appreciate when this cap and trade market opens!

Last edited:
Except I believe Fox News is being far more accurate with their viewers than the political leadership in CA. Anytime money is going to the government from the consumer, it is effectively a tax. You might want to call it a "rainbows and unicorns" fee, but the bottom line is if it transfers money from the consumer to government, it is effectively a tax.

super foxy newsy spin on this article.

because don't like the law they call it a "tax" that they're passing on to the customer.

You could also say Wall Street pass on the "fines" they get on to the customer as a "tax".

You could say the fees they have to pay for oil and gas rights on public land is a "tax"

Despite these "taxes" seems like the oil companies are plenty profitable, so you could also claim it's their choice to extract the highest profit from the consumer.

They are taxing carbon - the "pollution" they're talking about is carbon dioxide - the stuff that comes out of your mouth when you exhale. If you are breathing in CA, you are a polluter. All this to fight the imminent danger of "global warming". I'm glad California is fighting so hard, because the rest of the world isn't, they're too busy laughing.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
If California does it, the People's Republic of NY won't be far behind ...

How did Cuomo allow Kali to beat him to this tax? He just lost my vote! And here I thought he wanted NY to be #1! At least I still have all my rest stops converted to text stops! Now that was worth it!

Originally Posted By: bigt61
They are taxing carbon - the "pollution" they're talking about is carbon dioxide - the stuff that comes out of your mouth when you exhale. If you are breathing in CA, you are a polluter. All this to fight the imminent danger of "global warming". I'm glad California is fighting so hard, because the rest of the world isn't, they're too busy laughing.

I'm not laughing when methane is thawing out of permafrost.

http://www.nature.com/news/mysterious-siberian-crater-attributed-to-methane-1.15649

Even if global warming were a hoax, capping carbon output means capping carbon input, which means we can start dictating stricter terms to tinpot dictators all over the world in the interest of our national security. Right now we're busy sucking up for cheap oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back