calcium not the root cause? (need confirmation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look like big wire are the cause (too close to métal ground source)when moved away(2xwire size )issue go away (from my initial finding)sure would like to know if This happen to other bitog people too

Last edited:
I think he is referring to (calcium chloride) road salt causing a problem with corrosion on an electrical ground or connection of some sort.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Look like big wire are the cause (too close to métal ground source)when moved away(2xwire size )issue go away (from my initial finding)sure would like to know if This happen to other bitog people too

The answer you seek is here.

Your Answer

Battery terminal corrosion?

Use some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to neutralize and tooth brush to clean off the white powder.

Be kind. His English is a heck of a lot better than my French. Surely, someone here knows French as well as he does and should be able to answer his question if he were to post it in French.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I thought the online translator apps were getting pretty good? Apparently not.

Actually it might have been the way I phrased the statement in French. LOL

Pre ignition is caused by big wire touching (example wire from alternator starter) just distance them away from metal (engine block transmission etc and problem of pre ignition go Away)sorry wrote the post on my tablet and corrector is set to French . Using the phone this morning
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Use some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to neutralize and tooth brush to clean off the white powder.

or you could poor some Coke/Pepsi on it.

Originally Posted By: Killer223
Originally Posted By: Reddy45

or you could poor some Coke/Pepsi on it.

Soft drinks are highly acidic. You want an alkali, not another acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back