CAI filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a CP-E CAI on my MS3. It comes with a large, conical dry element that ends up behind the liner in the driver side wheel well. I have used the optional filter "sock" since new. Since this filter is now in a real PITA location, I don't inspect it very often. I've got about 20,000 miles on it and everything stills runs just fine. It's hard to imagine that filter getting very dirty with the sock over it but I'm wondering if those with experience with this setup might offer opinions/guidance on replacement intervals.

Last edited:
I wash mine about every 10,000 miles. DC Sports. I've had it for about 70,000 miles.

It gets pretty nasty between washes. Washes off real well.

I had some extra solar window screen material leftover and used that to cover the louvers on the fender liner. It seems like it helps against the mud build-up on the wheel side of the filter without limiting the air intake
HPIM0718.jpg

Stretched across the inside of the fender liner.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I have a CP-E CAI on my MS3. It comes with a large, conical dry element that ends up behind the liner in the driver side wheel well. I have used the optional filter "sock" since new. Since this filter is now in a real PITA location, I don't inspect it very often. I've got about 20,000 miles on it and everything stills runs just fine. It's hard to imagine that filter getting very dirty with the sock over it but I'm wondering if those with experience with this setup might offer opinions/guidance on replacement intervals.

Well, if your UOA shows low Si you can probably forget it. Check it each time you have a major maintenance item(once every 40-50k miles) and have the time/effort to get at it with the vehicle out of action already.

Probably not going to need as much cleaning with the sock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back