Cadillac Escalade IQ (EV) Announced

Full reveal coming later this year.

Should be same Ultium BT1 chassis as Silverado EV, Sierra EV and Hummer EV.

Early GM comments suggest 400 mile range target. Biggest battery is likely the ~175kWh pack from the Hummer EV SUV.

I could see either the current 830 HP Ultium tri-motor setup or a dual motor version around 600 HP

IMG_9536.jpeg

IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9538.jpeg

Electric escalade? That's just cringe, about as cringe as that new awful 4 cyl corvette suv they're coming out with. I'll happily keep the v8 in my 2021 even if the one that i got is crap since it's already burning oil just 14k miles in.

Full reveal coming later this year.

Should be same Ultium BT1 chassis as Silverado EV, Sierra EV and Hummer EV.

Early GM comments suggest 400 mile range target. Biggest battery is likely the ~175kWh pack from the Hummer EV SUV.

I could see either the current 830 HP Ultium tri-motor setup or a dual motor version around 600 HP

View attachment 157424

View attachment 157425

View attachment 157426
That woman’s going to have an ordeal keying that 🙄

It’s going to sell like hotcakes. They won’t be capable of making them fast enough or producing enough for those that can afford it.

The only negative I can see is if they downsized it too much compared to the gasoline version. It needs to remain big and bold. A refreshing sign of hope compared to these EV compact cars that Americans have been sandwiched into. 😂
This isn’t Europe. This is a big country with big beautiful, fast interstates.

My son was just test driving a BMW XM (job related)
Produced right here in South Carolina.
He absolutely loved the car, including its 650 hp. hybrid drive system.
I’m not quite sure at $170,000 that it should be able to fit inside of his garage🧐
Just half kidding, it makes awesome interstate cruiser.

Tesla needs to be careful that it doesn’t become the Beetle of the modern age and get run over.
Though honestly, I think the Volkswagen beetle was an awesome car in all forms

Last edited:
The side profile makes it look too small but maybe it’s just the camouflage. If it’s similar to the current one, it’ll sell well.

It’s going to sell like hotcakes. They won’t be capable of making them fast enough or producing enough for those that can afford it.

The only negative I can see is if they downsized it too much compared to the gasoline version. It needs to remain big and bold. A refreshing sign of hope compared to these EV compact cars that Americans have been sandwiched into. 😂

I’m not quite sure at $170,000 that it should be able to fit inside of his garage🧐

Tesla needs to be careful that it doesn’t become the Beetle of the modern age and get run over.

Yup. It will sell.
Let's hope it has the range and charging promised.
For my 100K I'll still take a 6.2 because I tow, but this will be cool.

I really doubt it will be smaller. It's not the American way.

GM has pushed maybe 10,000 (if that) Ultium platform vehicles out the door in almost 2 years.......its starting to feel very smoke and mirrors or the wizard of oz behind the curtain. Maybe they should focus on getting production moving on the existing cars before adding even more to the plate.

Mary Barra with her 30 EV models by 2025.......they will deliver 100 of each and say they held up to their promise. I'm joking of course and really hope GM can get out of this production rut they have been stuck in with this platform.

GM has pushed maybe 10,000 (if that) Ultium platform vehicles out the door in almost 2 years.......its starting to feel very smoke and mirrors or the wizard of oz behind the curtain. Maybe they should focus on getting production moving on the existing cars before adding even more to the plate.

Other than the Hummer SUV and 3x trims coming out a few months late, the Ultium program has been what they said it would be. Early Hummer and LYRIQ production was always labeled as “Limited” availability.

Everything has been waiting on the first battery plant to ramp up. It completed construction Aug 2022 (as planned) and they’re slowly ramping that now. Rumor has it they’re a few months behind where they want to be.

Bottom line is no Ultium vehicle was ever supposed to start full production until well into 2023.

Here was the original Hummer Pickup release schedule. “Limited Availability” on Edition 1. EV3x is out now (a few months late) but they also WAY overdelivered on the 3x specs.

IMG_4543.png

Same with Hummer SUV. Never was supposed to exist until 2023

IMG_4311.jpeg

Hummer production was stopped for much of Q1 as the factory got massively upgraded and overhauled to make the Silverado EV/Sierra EV production lines.

I really doubt it will be smaller. It's not the American way.
Yup, everything bigger sells, homes bigger than ever with more luxuries than ever, meals bigger than ever, people bigger than ever too.
Yes, that is the American Way, it's really an interesting social phenomenon. All about the science of marketing and human behavior. Like rodents, the thought processes of many people in what they buy are not by choice even though they think so. It's "corporate science", fascinating field. Right down to that link you click on when on the internet. People now buy stuff they didnt know they would buy and question themselves after the purchase. Those same people will say "hogwash" to privacy debates and the workings of companies like google. The internet can even make people hate one color over another. We truly are to the point of controlling what colors people chose. A rodent doesn't care how they get the food or what you do to control them, just give them the product because they were manipulated into being controlled.

This goes for all products known to mankind including EVs. My point is the population here is super sized and there will be a time where marketing (the science) gets people into a compact EV the first time but once they are in it long term for much the population that will grow old fast. To me, in this respect, GM knows what it is doing at the same time, that is not to say Tesla doesnt know what it is doing. There is a market for every product but sometimes I think (maybe because of marketing?) people think a company like Tesla is going to take over USA auto sales. I say in it present form and line up that will never happen.

At the same time, many successful small cars are an everyday staple of American lives and that is great. I just dont buy the "demise" of GM talk, kind of drives me nuts because it's been the same argument for decades and out of the least 90 years, only one time did someone sell more cars in the USA and that was the one year after Covid. This isnt to say GM will always be number one, this is to say, they are going to be around a long time and know mainstream America and what needs to be done.

Last edited:
Other than the Hummer SUV and 3x trims coming out a few months late, the Ultium program has been what they said it would be. Early Hummer and LYRIQ production was always labeled as “Limited” availability.

Everything has been waiting on the first battery plant to ramp up. It completed construction Aug 2022 (as planned) and they’re slowly ramping that now. Rumor has it they’re a few months behind where they want to be.

Bottom line is no Ultium vehicle was ever supposed to start full production until well into 2023.

Here was the original Hummer Pickup release schedule. “Limited Availability” on Edition 1. EV3x is out now (a few months late) but they also WAY overdelivered on the 3x specs.

View attachment 157647

Same with Hummer SUV. Never was supposed to exist until 2023

View attachment 157648

Hummer production was stopped for much of Q1 as the factory got massively upgraded and overhauled to make the Silverado EV/Sierra EV production lines.
Great post, I like facts! I can see people with the means to drive these around and are going to sell like crazy. (in a limited fashion) Its a status symbol not only for the buyer but of GM. Much like a Vette.
I dont look at it as just status though, what a great long range comfortable vehicle it will be.

Back