C8 Daily Driver

^ My 3 Porsches averaged 5k for a pair of rear tires. The motorcycle in the avatar was not my race bike, but on the track it averaged 140/150 miles for a rear tire. The center of the tire was still useable...

High HP cars might be alot of fun to daily drive, but your gonna pay the price one way or the other!

I had a 98 SS Camaro that could not get more than 140 miles on a tank of fuel, lol
I agree but I don't run my cars hard and don't do burnouts and the nonsense of youth. Im more into engineering and design. But I do hear ya...😃

I agree but I don't run my cars hard and don't do burnouts and the nonsense of youth. Im more into engineering and design. But I do hear ya...😃
I had a dealer license and a body shop and the $$$ to play or repair whatever I broke. Usually I would sell any vehicle I abused long before it gave up the ghost. To each his own. I had alot of fun! And I didn't do burnout's... Cept for my 69 Camaro with Nitrous.

P.S. I drive like an old man now, I'm legally handicapped.

I had a dealer license and a body shop and the $$$ to play or repair whatever I broke. Usually I would sell any vehicle I abused long before it gave up the ghost. To each his own. I had alot of fun! And I didn't do burnout's... Cept for my 69 Camaro with Nitrous.
Nothing wrong with that if that was your fun. We all need some kinda fun right?

I think it looks like Chevrolet tried to make a Lamborghini

And failed badly!

I like Lamborghini cars, not the Corvette.

Would notbemy choice for a daily driver either.

As a daily driver, give me a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Snow, rain, or shine, what a beautiful ride.
Hauls, tows, goes like a bat out of hell, and for an SUV, handles surprisingly well.

After all this talk, now I want one.... I like the way they look.

Watched one at the local dragstrip. 11.7 seconds at 118mph. No drama, just a really nice launch with plenty of traction due to the mid-rear engine configuration. Not really any faster in trap speed than comparable C7's, which is no surprise.

After all this talk, now I want one.... I like the way they look.

Watched one at the local dragstrip. 11.7 seconds at 118mph. No drama, just a really nice launch with plenty of traction due to the mid-rear engine configuration. Not really any faster in trap speed than comparable C7's, which is no surprise.
Wait for the hybrid AWD...

Wait for the hybrid AWD...
Sounds like an unaffordable thing though. I'm seeing C8 prices below MSRP now. If the F150 hybrid is any example, I'd expect at least a $30,000 premium!

I really just want a performance convertible. Or at least something I can remove the top from.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive pretty much anything anywhere I go... Of course some vehicles are more practical for certain uses, but I'm a firm believer in driving what you have, can afford and maintain. I don't see the point of buying a garage queen that's only used for perfect weather, a handful of miles yearly, etc.

Don't know. I'm seriously looking into a C8 though. It might make a great daily driver.
I would drive it until the hub caps fell off. Then I'd put 'em back on.

Years ago, I was considering a clean '74 Roadster, even theough I am a bumper guy.
I was gonna put one of those new LS engine/trans drivetrains in, fix up the suspension and brakes, and drive it every day.
Probably never put the top up.

Back