C&R firearms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, first of all i must say i love old historic weapons. i am about to turn 21 and i think i want to get my curio and relics license. i am really interested in a Tokarev from J&G sales. do i have to have my C&R to order it or can i get it sent to my local FFL? I am confused thanks guys

Having a C&R license allows the holder of said license the ability of acquiring a C&R eligible firearm with having to go to a regular "FFL". With handguns one might have to have a permit to acquire handguns with the state of residence, again depending on state of residence. You could still order one and have it shipped to a local FFL where you fill out the paper work and see if your a "winner". The cost of the license is $30 for 3 years and a FFL transfer fee usually runs between $15-$45.

P.S. Obtaining such license might lead to one having a light wallet, angry significant other, and the need to buy more safes.

haha i hear ya..lighter wallet, angry gf, and more needed space to store my firearms since i turned 18. I think i'll be a winner, i have bought 4 guns. So, you are saying that i can go to my local FFL and get it transferred WITHOUT a C&R? that is all i need to know! thanks big kat! i do plan on getting my C&R sometime but i want to get a TT-33 before J&G runs out again..

P.S. Obtaining such license might lead to one having a light wallet, angry significant other, and the need to buy more safes.

Last edited:
Yes you can go ahead and buy one have have your local FFL do the paperwork. I have not got a TT-33 yet but have a couple CZ-82s... Happy Shooting

Wideners has them for 199.99 with two mags

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000100&dir=700|1012|1027

Last edited:
oh boy i want a cz82 as well...will be getting one in the future. thanks for the help and the link i may give wideners a try

I have good luck with Wideners as I have bought 3 CZ-82s from them, a M44, and a K31.

Big Kat answered your main questions. Anything that qualifies as a C&R is cash and carry for federal law but state laws vary. For example Calif. (big surprise) does not allow C&R pistols to be cash and carry, regular handgun laws apply. Also, Calif law allows cash and carry for private long gun transactions but requires dealers to do paperwork and a waiting period. Bottom line; make sure you know Tennessee law before making assumptions.

Use the excuse I did:
Many companies give discount pricing to 03FFL license holders, so you're nor spending more money, you're SAVING more money!! I saved more than the $30 fee on the first scope I purchased from Midway with a 03FFL discount.

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
I have good luck with Wideners as I have bought 3 CZ-82s from them, a M44, and a K31.
I also have had great success with Wideners thanks to Big_Kat! My CZ-82 is great and I got it quick. J&G sucks. It took 7 weeks to get a Makarov from them and a week with Wideners. Also you get better prices and more goodies with it. My CZ through J&G wouldnt have came with a holster, extra mag, or cleaning rod. I support your want of the Tokarev being a Tokarev owner myself. But you can get it through Wideners and youll be happier and had spent less money.

Yaris here is a photo of one of mine

2011-10-04_19-08-53_600.jpg

wow i love the cz engraved grips, Big Kat. just to let you guys know, I have decided to go with Wideners. So I guess what I need to do now is to send my FFL info to them?

Yea,, In the check out process use your FFL's address as the shipping address. Also make sure Wideners has your FFL's info on file before placing the order.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
made my order from wideners!
How much is the FFL transfer going to be at your dealer? Ive seen them get pretty high as $60. Excited to hear back on your order.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
made my order from wideners!
How much is the FFL transfer going to be at your dealer? Ive seen them get pretty high as $60. Excited to hear back on your order.

it's gonna be 25 bucks with background check included in the price. I am very pleased with the deal. My Tok will be here later today. I will post when I get it, and try to figure out how to put some pics up!

yeah i was told it came with an extra 5 pounds of cosmoline lol. i'm trying to decide the best way to go about it..suggestions are more than welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back