C&P Filter Pro brand PH3593A-type filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aforementioned filter was used in my '96 Maxima VQ30DE engine for about 8,000 miles. This was a cheap Rockauto buy, cost $3 or less. Filter is made in China-- resembled a Denso first-time-fit filter in every way when looking at the exterior. For those that have used a Denso FTF filter, these are a pretty solid buy if you can get them for about or less than $5. Obviously this is a generic knock-off (was a shot in the dark when I bought it) but it seems to have held up well. I used 5w-50 Castrol Syntec (UOA for this oil is here.)

Pleats are bit uneven compared to other cheap filters I've run across. Rural King stores around here carry a house-brand filter that looks eerily similar in construction, they sell for $1.99. The ADBV was flexible, but certainly more firm than a silicone piece would have been. The metal can was one of the thickest I've come across- I cut using an angle grinder & cut-off wheel; normally I can just touch the can with hardly any effort to the cut, this one required a bit of effort.

The PH3593A type is a 20x1.5mm thread, a bit more girth but about the same or less length than a PH7317-- which is common on Nissan/Honda/other vehicles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
5w50 is race oil, did you that cheap?

Expensive oil and a cheap filter?

I think in his UOA post he mentioned getting it at Autozone during one of their "clearances" that a bunch of BITOGERS take advantage of. FYI

5w50 is race oil, did you that cheap?

Not a race oil, just Castrol Syntec in the 5w-50 flavor. The oil was $1 or $2 a quart, not expensive by any means-- Autozone clearance as mentioned above.

For this OCI, just happened that the interval put me straight through summer months, so I gave the 5w-50 a try. As far as the filter goes, I got my money's worth IMO, that's what's important to me.

Care to recommend a better filter for the price? I'm all ears.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2

Care to recommend a better filter for the price? I'm all ears.

Check out the Premium Guard at Rockauto.com, There is a thread or two on them here, both the nitrile and silicone versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back