bypass pressures

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i find the bypass pressures of a filter, also if I want to use an oversized filter do i need to have the same bypass pressure range, Thank you.

BT,

Fleetguard and Wix have them in the filter specs on their website. For example once you get to the filter for your car, the filter specs you can access give you the bypass pressure settings...don't know about the other manufacturers...(e.g., I couldn't find a similar feature on the K&N website)

Bump.

I'm mainly interested in Mobil M1-110 and M1-105.

I recently installed the oversized 105 on my VQ35 from a M1-110.

The M1 web site team dosnt seem to put much effort into the filters

Purolator recently added the filter specs on their website. The nice thing about the Wix site is they include a spec I have not seen on other filter sites--the gasket dimensions. This was helpful for me as I am seriously considering putting a FL1A on my wife's 3.0 Aerostar, which is supposed to take the FL400S (both Motorcraft numbers). The threads are the same, bypass pressure is similar (actually more variation between brands of the spec filter than between the filter types), but the gasket is slightly different size. However, I believe the gasket mating flange on the engine is the same as for my F150 that takes the FL1A. I will measure it to be sure. But likely I will be running the bigger FL1A on the Aerostar.

[ February 08, 2004, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

That M1-105 is a nice big filter compared to the M1-110. Was going to use the M1-105 (VQ35 also), but since I have an extended warranty, not sure how much grief I would get from the Nissan dealership about this filter when warranty repairs are needed.

Pedro

[ February 08, 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: pruizgarcia ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back