Buying Oil on Amazon Subscribe & Save

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January I ordered a case (6 quarts) of Castrol 06006 GTX MAGNATEC 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil using Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" for the first and only time. I paid $22.97 shipped, which I thought was a pretty good price.

I originally set the order to reship every two months, which I could have tolerated, but grew nervous about the future pricing of automatic shipments so I unsubscribed.

Since then I've seen the pricing go from "Unavailable" to upwards of $50.00 for the same six quarts!

Did I majorly screw up by cancelling or would I have locked-in the bargain pricing? Thinking now I should have ordered six or eight cases before bailing. LOL!

Anyone have experiences to share?

Nah, usual Amazon play. Right now, it is being sold First Choice Department Store via Amazon.

You do not lock in the S&S price upon initial order. The later prices are subject to changes, but you get a 5%, or 15% discount on most items with S&S.

I have found Amazon's oil pricing to fluctuate too much for the their Subscribe and Save feature. They do though send a reminder email right before shipping with what the pricing is going to be so you can review and either delay or cancel. Subscribe and Save does not lock in current pricing, just the discount rate but the pricing can go up/down before next scheduled shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back