Buying Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

I don't understand the whole buy gold thing. Gold has no innate or intrinsic value. If you are worried about gold as a hedge against doomsday, you would be better off with a few acres of land to farm, and a lot of guns to defend it with.

Win, I've been arguing that for a decade. The only value that gold has is made up...just like paper currency.

[quote=dwendt44]Trouble with buying gold, or coins for that matter, is you pay a fee/commission when you buy, and pay a fee/commission when you sell again. When gold is high, stay away. Kugerrands and Canadian Maple Leafs might be Ok, consider buying Maple Leafs in Canada. I have a few shares of a gold fund, it's basically stayed within a small range; not really taking off like I'd hoped. I bought that some time ago (two years?). [/quoteI have had some gold mutual funds for the past 14 years, not really enough $$$ to worry about. I bought them to prove to my mom it was the thing to do . It haven't profited yet if that means anything.

Buy low sell high ,ask the people who bought stocks high or real estate high. The price seems to have been the same for a few years.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Any truth in the rumour that China are counterfeiting many "collectible" coins ?
Everything from China is counterfit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.