Buy an couple extra oil and air filters this week. A major Filter company just closed up shop due to costs and lack of materials.

Luberfiner is part of First Brands.

As for supply chain issues all industry sectors are affected. So yes, if you change your oil on a regular basis then perhaps having a extra change or two on hand might be prudent.
I've got 8 filters on hand. Should be enough to last me till next summer. I'm more worried about finding other parts. I had to search high and low to find drum brake hardware (finally found it on eBay) because everyone was out of stock. My car is getting to that point where higher mileage wear items are needing replacement. The supply chain shortage combined with insane used car prices makes me a bit nervous as much as I drive.

I've got 8 filters on hand. Should be enough to last me till next summer. I'm more worried about finding other parts. I had to search high and low to find drum brake hardware (finally found it on eBay) because everyone was out of stock. My car is getting to that point where higher mileage wear items are needing replacement. The supply chain shortage combined with insane used car prices makes me a bit nervous as much as I drive.
What about getting fuel? Having extra parts won't help if we can't get fuel.

After viewing this thread I went to Amsoil's (Canada) site to look at their filters. Amsoil filters are currently not available 'due to supply chain issues'.
Maybe BITOG members bought them all up after the Fram Ultra 'redesign of disappointment'.

Back