Business Insider: Chinese hypersonic weapon that alarmed top US military leaders fired something off as it sped toward its target

Nuclear cars are the future. :LOL:
FC1.jpg

I know what you were saying.
No problem there.
Just like the anti you know who sentiment over here about buying one countries wares...
A war can be fought many ways...
Many I know unless they have absolutely no choice finally wised up about buying that countries products. Sometimes in this climate that behavior is our only option.
I wonder (and fear) one of those tactics will involve control of chips....after the olypics. Taiwan is ripe for the taking.

A bit of an overstatement, there is a threat. But calling this a "Sputnik moment" is also complete hyperbole...

They can barely build a decent jet engine so I'm a bit skeptical. But it is worrying that China is vastly trying to expand its nuclear capability...
Don't confuse military-industrial complex's marketing campaign with scientific fact.

Last edited:
The direction our current military leaders are going now, when it comes time for war again, our soldiers will be wearing high heels and carrying purses into combat.
When it comes time for war again we will run out of money to print to finance it, before it even begins. What good is a troop with the latest weapon but ran out of money to replace their weapons, and then we end up not using them? Some of our NATO allies refuse to the request for air support because if their hundred million dollar jet got shot down they are not reimbursed for it.

Spotting it is one thing. But being able to track something and destroy it is a completely different matter. That's the issue with stealth technology. Sure the IR signature can likely be spotted by satellites, but that's not how medium to long range air defenses lock onto their targets.

I'm still kind of skeptical of how much of a game changer this is right now.
As mentioned ICBM is faster than hypersonic weapon in high altitude, and therefore even harder to intercept. The only advantage of hypersonic is they are closer to earth and therefore "in theory" harder to detect with radar, yet easier to detect with satellite thermal imaging.

As mentioned ICBM is faster than hypersonic weapon in high altitude, and therefore even harder to intercept. The only advantage of hypersonic is they are closer to earth and therefore "in theory" harder to detect with radar, yet easier to detect with satellite thermal imaging.

I see the hypersonics as more of an 'area denial' threat to US naval supremacy more than a strategic nuclear one....

Maybe China and Russia have an edge with missiles/weapon systems, maybe not. But I think the US and Europe have an advantage in the development of a new generation of aero-spacecraft...

satellites will be the first thing taken out if something big goes down. Hence the latest Russian test that caused the ISS to adjust its altitude. There was a good reason for it. Knock out our 32 GPS sats, and we are blind.

and intel sats, and communication sats...

They only need to knock out the ones visible from russia anyway...

And as soon as SHTF in Ukraine and NATO/US commits, Taiwan will bite the bullet.

Well, there's one SR-71 left operating, might come out of retirement for the 3rd time, LMAO!
First we have starlink internet, then we will have starlink internet with military subsidies to put imaging sensors on it. How many starlink satellites can you take out in the end? You have to take them all out which can be in the hundreds if not thousands.

Folks sleep tight. The public statements made are for spin. I am retired (30 years) from a large defense contractor and without opening myself to the doors for Ft Leavenworth, I can assure you guys we are doing great and very likely ahead of the game. I did my last few years with Advanced Weapons and some of the programs I was working with I myself didn’t know much about them but knew superficial that they were some kinda missilery. Due to my obligations that is all I can say. There were others programs that were some kind of Bastardized programs that were to overwhelm the enemy missiles controls or so is what I was hearing from grapevine.

First we have starlink internet, then we will have starlink internet with military subsidies to put imaging sensors on it. How many starlink satellites can you take out in the end? You have to take them all out which can be in the hundreds if not thousands.

The debris fields might be taking the leftover out after a while?

Well, there's one SR-71 left operating, might come out of retirement for the 3rd time, LMAO!

Are you sure one SR-71 is still flying ?
Parts are extremely difficult to source for keeping one Mach 3+ aircraft ready to fly over ____ country.

I know there’s still a few F-117 Nighthawks filmed flying recently and on YouTube.

Last edited:
Well, Russia is currently, successfully, exporting nuclear reactors to sites all over the world, so in some ways, pretty good? Depends on what you are looking at. China is looking to do the same. There's more than one way to exert influence/project power, look at Nordstream 2 and Germany's dependance on Russian gas now...
China's belt and road initiative? or is it road and belt? But anyway they are building roads all over the world.

'Business Insider' isn't very reliable or even trustworthy, IMO...it's CEO, Henry Blodgett is a pariah in the financial world who's banned in many quarters..
Business Insider is a hack publication. They definitely don't have my best interest in mind and over the years I take what they publish lightly and treat it as something underneath deep whale excrement.

I think the men and woman in today's military are just as competent and dedicated as those who came before them. What worries me is if we had to go to a draft in the event of hostilities....I don't think our 'younger civilians' are up to it.....sadly...
Idk… Millennials want to die anyway, and Gen Z has long stopped playing by the rules written by society.

God… imagine getting smoked by a zoomer who proceeds to Floss dance over your body.

Folks sleep tight. The public statements made are for spin. I am retired (30 years) from a large defense contractor and without opening myself to the doors for Ft Leavenworth, I can assure you guys we are doing great and very likely ahead of the game. I did my last few years with Advanced Weapons and some of the programs I was working with I myself didn’t know much about them but knew superficial that they were some kinda missilery. Due to my obligations that is all I can say. There were others programs that were some kind of Bastardized programs that were to overwhelm the enemy missiles controls or so is what I was hearing from grapevine.
We may have great weapons but when the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs says that he would warn China before we attacked...and he still has his job...its not the weaponry that concerns me....

I think the men and woman in today's military are just as competent and dedicated as those who came before them. What worries me is if we had to go to a draft in the event of hostilities....I don't think our 'younger civilians' are up to it.....sadly...
Just replace hearing “You can’t force me to get a vaccination” with “You can’t force me to go to war” if a draft ever happens again.

Back