Bushings need to be replaced

Sometimes I thought I am half decent figuring out computers, just got my first smart phone this year and it is just not like using a desktop/laptop, but now I am at a state I am fighting it. This afternoon, I got a recording, but yet I cannot attach the file here. Err.
Yeah it can be hard I think you have to use the paper clip looking tool in the text box for it.

Wife's 2014 Sienna with 44k miles; purchased new, rear tires were cupping and shocks were good and found out both of them Control Arm Bushing getting chewed out. Now have to replace the bushings and tires. Bushings are dealer items + labor as they have to be pressed in. Very disappointed, especially the way my wife drives which is very gingerly.

+1 on swapping stabilizer bar end links and the bushings at same time if they give out.. I give them a little schmear of silicone caliper pin grease to keep them quiet before installing. As you already know, it's a two can of beer 🍺 job, taking your time.

+1 too on the Energy suspension or Moog "Problem Solver" series. At least for my rig, the problem Solver parts are a factory upgrade. I bought Moog bits when my end links rotted out. The factory original links were long bolts through a center tube of plastic. Everything was rust siezed together. Nothing a Sawzall couldn't fix. *cut-plink-out* done.

Still sitting on my lower ball joints... Seems every time I get to them, weather is for crap or someone's gotta borrow my only other functioning vehicle. 🙄

Point being, the problem Solver stuff is quite good and Hecho en E.U.A. ^.^

Attachments

• 20210318_031840.jpg
    20210318_031840.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210318_031923.jpg
    20210318_031923.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
Back