Bushing driver set or similar

I’m trying to press bushings into the rear upper control arm of Jeep #2. For those of you unfamiliar, it’s about 30 lbs and 3.5’ wide and about 1.5’ deep. Imagine a short wife v. The 2 “tops” of the v get the bushings while the bottom is bolted to the rear axle housing with a ball joint. Anyways, it’s so cumbersome I can’t hold it square while pressing in the bushings.

Is there a shop press jig or bushing driver set anyone recommends? I see different sets on eBay with different sized pieces. They look threaded so no issues with holding a monstrosity square.

Did you check YouTube? Some guys use threaded rod with washers as a make shift press.

I have a 10 ton press that I've used a few times as well.

X2......There are special tools for some bushings though, Like LCA Compliance Bushing on Japanese vehicles.
Yup there are, but I generally use the ball joint press on install on those too. Normally use an air hammer and an exhaust pipe cutting bit to take the old bushings out. Only special bushing tool that I have/have gotten use out of is the tool for doing trailing arm bushings on Hondas. Havent used it in years since rust has taken most of those cars off the road but boy it made me money

Back