Bush Does It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
When President Bush was signing the defense appropriations bill Thursday he was quoted as saying, "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we".

source would be good....but did the quote leave off the ".....neither do we..................stop thinking of ways to protect......"

Bush comes accross as an idiot, but he gets lots of help......
wink.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Wow if this is all this guys got against him he gets my vote.
rolleyes.gif

For those who like this kind of thing, while in Duluth MN he said he'd like to thank the people from Iron Ridge. (Duluth is near the "Iron Range" an part of northern MN rich in Iron Ore)

-T

Here's the complete paragraph...

"Third, this bill meets our commitment to America's Armed Forces by preparing them to meet the threats of tomorrow. Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country when we all must always be forward-thinking."

Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040805-3.html

Makes sense to me. In the computer security field, we work by thinking of ways that someone may attempt to harm/crack/break the network or system and then we implement defenses AGAINST those methods.

It's just so much more convenient for the "lame stream media" to selectively use parts of quotes to make Bush look bad
rolleyes.gif
. Why stop now. They're on an anti Bush roll leading up to the election. And who says the media is non-biased and in fact leaning too conservative. Oh! that's right, the media does
grin.gif
. Lying bas*ards.

Whimsey

you got to admit that Bush says alot of dumbazz stuff. I've never seen a big politician trip over his statements as much as he does.

Saying something dumb like {"A zebra does not change it's spots" - Al Gore} will happen to anyone if they spend enough time in front of a microphone.

Now being a lying sleaze like Botox Kerry is worse in my mind. John Kerry "I have SUVs" 2 days later he doesn't own any. When photos of his Suburban appear.'The family has it, I don't have it.'

PS - Dan Quayle was far more qualified to be VP than John Edwards.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

''They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'' ''A zebra does not change it's spots.'' I really question whether such statements are much better indicators of fitness for office than military experience 30 years ago. It is hard to defend the Bush or Kerry of 1974. I think we need to look at the last 4 years. Who proposed the tax cuts that returned us to prosperity, and who voted against them? Who has proposed judges that follow the law, and who has voted against them? Who voted against buying body armor and then complained about our soldiers not having it? Who removed from power 2 dangerous, repressive regimes, including the only man alive that ever ordered the use of WMD? Who trusts Kerry to protect us for terrorism?

I thought the first person in recent history to order the use of a WMD was President Truman, who authorized the use of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Before that, in Europe, was the use of fire bombs to annihilate tens of thousands of civilians in Dresden Germany, at a point in time when Germany was on the verge of collapse.

I am not saying it was not justified...I think it was...at least the Hiroshima one. But they were WMD, and we used them. Just wanted to get the history right.

Labman said the only man alive...

I find it incredible, based on Kerry's record, that he can possibly claim to be stronger on defense than Bush. The only thing I find more incredible is that a large portion of the US population believes him.

I hear people saying, we need to stop the lies, let's elect Kerry, and I can only laugh.

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
I thought the first person in recent history to order the use of a WMD was President Truman, who authorized the use of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Before that, in Europe, was the use of fire bombs to annihilate tens of thousands of civilians in Dresden Germany, at a point in time when Germany was on the verge of collapse.

I am not saying it was not justified...I think it was...at least the Hiroshima one. But they were WMD, and we used them. Just wanted to get the history right.

There weren't many Japanese cities left by the time Hiroshima was bombed. Tokyo had been firebombed to near oblivion.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Who removed from power 2 dangerous, repressive regimes, including the only man alive that ever ordered the use of WMD?

Put it another way: "who removed 2 dangerous repressive regimes with oil or can give access to the Caspian Sea oil reserves" Why, the USA of course. Nobility in military form. Contrast with dangerous repressive regimes that have not been removed and are oil-free, include North Korea, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, China. Liberation desire lacking when regime can fight back, and/or has no oil to control? Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back