Burning Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya the newest version of nero is pretty big. I have version 6.1.3 I think. I use it for some things. I also have Imgburn works great for ISO's.

Cheetah DVD Burner V2.41, $20. Works great and has a reasonably small footprint.

http://www.cheetahburner.com/

I had enough of all the full up Nero garbage (also tried the Roxio suite which is an even bigger steaming pile than Nero. Both are difficult to get completely off your computer.

I have switched over to individual software packages that are easier to control

CDBurnerXP is a great piece of software. If it could just burn bin/cue stuff it would be great. I don't think the average user needs that functionality, however.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I tried it. Put it on the computer, looked at it. Major effort to buy the full version. Did not like the interface or options, took it off.

Big footprint too.

I'd never pay money for Nero. I have to restart my computer after each use, and I can't do anything while it's running. Even after I remove all related processes on the task manager, my computer still runs slow until I reboot. I was using a program called B's Recorder (or something like that), and I liked it, but it only worked with my old drive that I no longer use. I'll try CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. I didn't even know DVDDecrypter was "dead". I'm still using it with no problems.

I have IMGburn and it works great! Very simple to use and free. Did have NERO and have to say it was a joke. When I want to burn it needs to be simple, no gimmicks and no excessive add-ons. IMGburn fits that need. I also use DVD Shrink for making copies of my DVD selections so that I do not have to worry about scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back