Bulls take the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eeecebd2-35b4-11de-a997-00144feabdc0.html

Quote:
Albert Edwards, a strategist at Société Générale, who has long been a bear, says: “The current pop in the market is not dissimilar to the many bear market rallies between 1929-33, where signs of economic stabilisation were met with strong 25 per cent rallies, most especially in late 1929 and mid 1931. This optimism was subsequently crushed.”

I suspect the currency bloat will be deflated bit by bit as the market tries to recover, leading to flat performance for quite some time. But that's ok since flat is actually a gain, relatively speaking, if the currency is slowly being re-valued.

Quote:
And there is evidence that the government threatened the holdouts with a media smear campaign if they didn't go along with the gov. deal.

I'd do the same thing if I wanted to accomplish something. I'd totally blow the cover of anyone who was in the way.

Is that all you read is this type of stuff?

Quote:
oddly enough, that despite their contractual right, they do not get paid before everyone else.

Contracts are worthless. Ask any Steel Worker from Bethlehem Steel. They had contractual rights too. They didn't get squat.

I guess some contracts are more constitutional than others
smirk2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
And there is evidence that the government threatened the holdouts with a media smear campaign if they didn't go along with the gov. deal.

I'd do the same thing if I wanted to accomplish something. I'd totally blow the cover of anyone who was in the way.

Quote:
oddly enough, that despite their contractual right, they do not get paid before everyone else.

Contracts are worthless. Ask any Steel Worker from Bethlehem Steel. They had contractual rights too. They didn't get squat.

smirk2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I believe contractual law and constitutional law are not related in any way.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: jmac
Quote:

Quote:

smirk2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

whistle.gif

...and I agree.

Can an insolvent company enter into contract ?

I think that appealing to the Govt for a bailout would superced that even if they could.

Could it be the fools rushing in? I see retail stores closing all over the place, contractors out of work, and car dealers looking like ghost towns. Where is the recovery?

I'm with msparks, only I feel nauseous. Enter and exit the market with caution, place stop limit orders, and protect capital. A small profit beats a small loss everytime!

AD

Only if it's good for sales (yours =
crackmeup2.gif
)

I don't necessarily take the government's side in this. I merely stated that if I had to get something accomplished, and "donkeys" were pulling antics to get in the way of helping the nation, I would be pointing it out through every media outlet and blowing the whole beltway charade and facade in graphic detail so that mobs of people were making their scams much more difficult.

Yes you did. Geeze. Your man rips the heads off legitimate bond holders, [censored] down their necks and you go off about how others are wrong and how some union was screwed. Got news for ya bud, UAW walked away with the roasted pig - Chicago pay back is good stuff.

Yes. Screwing some people is preferred over others. Legit contract holders or legit contract holders
21.gif
. We all rationalize our position ..daily ..when we look in the mirror. If we're the one losing, it's always the other guy who is wrong.

The bottom line on (just about) everything is that there is no painless or perfect solution for everyone ..and anyone who loses is going to view themselves as the victim and others as victors.

That's just self centered and self rationalizing human nature. Most are totally incapable of seeing themselves outside their little existence bubble and part of a larger social system. Regardless of their greed or other motivators, it is this ignorance of how their actions and dispositions toward things effects THEM on the 2nd or 3rd order side effects.

It's easy to get buried in yourself.

It's easy to get buried in yourself.

ESPECIALLY when you are from the government AND you are screwing others.

Regardless of their greed or other motivators, it is this ignorance of how their actions and dispositions toward things effects THEM on the 2nd or 3rd order side effects.

It's the side effects I used to worry about. Now it's just the first level effects we have to watch for.

Quote:
It's the side effects I used to worry about. Now it's just the first level effects we have to watch for.

Exactly. When the side effects were just stuff that you could handle in a planned and predictable manner (the other shoe always drops
21.gif
) you were not too rocked about others being impacted with it. It probably wasn't on your radar. It was much easier to navigate. Now that the 1st shoe is in do-do, and your core essence is getting soiled, now it's intolerable. What's (apparently) impossible to see is that for an ever increasing number of people, the 1st shoe has always been dirty. It's only when you cannot "best" the tide when there's a problem.

Others have been drowning for a long time ..but now "something has to be done to stop this!!!".

It's all matters of me and thee. Ask not for whom the bell tolls ..for it tolls for thee.

These evolutions are natural reactions ...or rather unnatural reactions to unnatural actions. Dysfunction on some ends just feels much better to some ..but they don't want to pay for it when "the other shoe drops".
21.gif

I've been indexed on a falling floor for some time. While you're fighting tooth and nail to keep elevating yourself (more power to you), it's unlikely that anyone can be exempt from this evolution. You gained above the curve, it's not hard to figure that you'll fall (on average) on a greater curve too. If you don't, then you've beat the system.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Could it be the fools rushing in? I see retail stores closing all over the place, contractors out of work, and car dealers looking like ghost towns. Where is the recovery?

I'm with msparks, only I feel nauseous. Enter and exit the market with caution, place stop limit orders, and protect capital. A small profit beats a small loss everytime!

AD

I was told by the factories back in China and Thailand that the orders are starting to come back, up to the level of last Nov-Dec time frame.

Not sure if it is long term recovery though.

Originally Posted By: jmac

whistle.gif

...and I agree.

The Constitution IS a contract between the people of the country and the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back