Bull charges cyclists during California race

It's been my experience that a lot of these cyclists are not very good in the common sense department. They like to argue their point to almost being dead right. Be it on the road with motor vehicles, or elsewhere.

Once while I was shooting at my clubs 300 yard rifle range, I had some clown on a mountain bike pop up on top of the bullet berm downrange. (There are signs everywhere back there, warning not to proceed beyond that point). He obviously did.

I yelled and motioned to him that he was on a live fire range. (It was early, and I was the only one set up and shooting at the time). This idiot proceeded to ride straight down the berm, and rode right up to the benches, passing, and riding around numerous target stands along the way to get to the benches on the firing line.

I again told him where he was, and asked him if he didn't see the signs posted. He immediately started in with the whole, "this is a public place, and I have as much right to be here as you", song and dance routine. Then he had the audacity to tell me that, I should be more careful.

I asked him what would he suggest I do, in order to avoid shooting cyclists who insist on riding bicycles on a rifle range. When they have the entire desert, with miles of trails to accommodate them. He gave me the finger, and rode away down the access road to the range. It took me a while to process that level of stupidity.

Back