"Built Ford Tough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!
I would definitely buy a Ford, full sized truck.

Too bad the only Rangers they made with 4WD were $27K extended cabs forcing me to buy a base Tacoma standard cab with 4WD.
I like the Rangers, but not the options package selection.

(I hate putting on tire chains to get up my driveway in winter, and had to do that before with 2WD small trucks.)

Off topic? Maybe. Sorry if so.

Pretty beat up, but if the drivetrain is intact it will run. No Surprises here. I like how tough built my Ranger xL is for under 14K out the door - Now that is amazing.

Lucky it ended up all four wheels down (or does it only have three wheels?). Nice to see it run, if it'll get totalled out by the insurance company anyway. It'd be a nice commercial for Ford to put on television.

Bah. Just finish ripping the broken parts of the bed off , put the spare on the rear, and get some of those lights you stick on cars when you are towing them. Put them on the back. Done|

Originally Posted By: hypervish
It was only the body that was damaged, nothing else at least from the looks of it. Not surprising it drove away.

It had to have gone airborne or rolled to get on top of that pile of stuff...I bet the underside took some hits too. The engine was probably pretty well protected by the frame though, and the suspension and driveline are usually some of the tougher parts on a truck. My truck went over some bushes and into a plant/tree filled ravine. The body was absolutely trashed, but the underside which had a bunch of shrubs scraping it had absolutely no damage aside from a loose heat shield.

Frankly, I'm surprised the tires were still aired-up. Or at least they appeared to be at first glance. It's amazing what a tornado goes to a vehicle. When the tornado passed through our town on April 16th, you saw tons of vehicles sitting there mostly unscathed from a 50-foot view. But when you got close, you saw they had no windows and flat tires. Otherwise, they looked normal at a quick glance.

What's the big deal? Body damage? Has anyone ever been to a demolition derby? Any truck could do this.

It seems to run better than my uncles 5.4 with a melted number 7 piston at 82k miles, I'll give it that.

I'll stick with Chevy thanks, after the straight 6 and 351 Ford hasn't build the most durable motors lately. The old power stroke was an abortion.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
It seems to run better than my uncles 5.4 with a melted number 7 piston at 82k miles, I'll give it that.

I'll stick with Chevy thanks, after the straight 6 and 351 Ford hasn't build the most durable motors lately. The old power stroke was an abortion.

Ford didn't build the Powerstroke, International did. And the 7.3 was a very good engine. The 6.0L had issues.

The Modular engines are probably the longest lasting engine currently on the market. Their duty in taxi, Limo and police service is a testament to that.

Your post is long on hyperbole and short on fact.

honestly all these videos showing the 'toughness' of a vehicle when all it is is body damage make me laugh. not just cuz this ones a ford either the top gear toyota test i always laughed at also. show me an engine floored till the valves float and the engines spinning so much rpm that the oil cant drain back to the pan fast enough and it starts coming out of the pcv tube where it proceeds to boil (might not have been boiling but it was def bubbling like it) as it flings all over the engine and ill call it abuse. yes there is a youtube vid of that but it contains language so i cant post it

Last edited:
the front end unscathed. All they did was smash the roof and knock off half the bed. The roof doesn't make the truck move forward.

Given what my FIL puts his ford truck through hauling oil, Ill say that they sure are tough, even the base 4.2L V6.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
the front end unscathed. All they did was smash the roof and knock off half the bed. The roof doesn't make the truck move forward.

Who is they? The hurricane that tossed the truck around? Is it a he or a she? Do you know him or her personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back