Buggy iPhone hotspot

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
The built in ios hotspot feature is buggy and causing me issues. I can only get one device to connect and even then I have to keep turning it on and off to get it to show up as a network. Is there an app I can download that works better than the built in one provided by Apple?

No I don't think there is a hotspot app. There used to be some but those were banned because some providers do not allow hotspotting without paying a fee.

On our phones it can be "buggy" as you mention when the connection is less than great. Sometimes the wifi network won't show up on devices or it randomly drops the connection. But when the cellular connection improves I haven't noticed that behavior.

On both my i5s and iSE, the Personal Hotspot works fine when I want to connect to my IPad, iPod, other iPhones and even Android Phones, HOWEVER I often have trouble connecting to my Regal. If I have Personal Hotspot on before I get in my Regal, and leave the screen on, it usually connects fast, but if I don’t switch Personal Hotspot on until after the car has been started, it takes a long time
to connect , if at all.

I use hotspot a lot with my work computer, and it does this all the time. Very annoying. It’s an MS issue in my case, as my Mac sees the hotspot readily.

Back