Buell Ulysses: Chevron Delo 15W/40 - 1250 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used HD 20W/50 for the first 2500 miles, then switched to the Chevron Delo. I plan on OCI of 2500 miles, and wanted to see how it was doing halfway there. This bike is ridden in the Phoenix area, and most of these miles were in 100+ degree temps.

Comments or feedback?

-

I knew Delo had it in her,I have been using it faithfully in both my MX bikes. I agree, you will have lower wear levels next time! Even though the oil only did 1200 miles that is a awesome viscosity reading, barely dropping a .6 point. Great zinc and moly levels left, along with phos.Flashpoint still over 400!!!!! Your motor does not share oil with the tranny?

Thanks for this awesome post!!!!!!!!

heck with the oil, lets hear a bike review! The uly is the only thing HD has right now that really interests me. My dealer got 2 and they were pre-sold so I didn't get a ride.

I wonder where all of that silver is coming from. Harley Anderson had some Ag in his recent sample from Blackstone on a Suzuki DRZ400, but nothing like 140 PPM.

quote:

Originally posted by craigq:
I wonder where all of that silver is coming from. Harley Anderson had some Ag in his recent sample from Blackstone on a Suzuki DRZ400, but nothing like 140 PPM.

The roller bearing cage in the big end of the rods on 2006-up Buells is silver plated to increase durability. That's the only place I can think of you'd have it.

I have been wondering about the silver too. I have not seen any UOA's for Buells, and the Harley's did not show any silver. Is this a problem or area of concern?

I chose a diesel 15W/40 oil based on the recommendation of a long time desert rider with Harleys and BMWs. He said Delo, Rotella, and Delvac were robust oils that could take the heat, had great anit-wear additives, would lower engine temps, were readily available, and the price was great.

BTW- this is the most fun to ride bike I have ever owned! It makes power at low rpm's and wheelies with just a twist of the throttle. You have great visibility commuting since you sit so high, the riding position is upright and comfortable, and the torgue lets you zip through traffice with ease. The same applies to touring.

The suspension handles dirt roads without drama, and it is fun to spin the rear tire up. But soft dirt is a handful for me, I don't have any off-road dirt experience.

The real giggle factor though is the sportbike handling this bike has. Mountain and canyon roads are a blast. It is so easy to ride this bike fast. A comfortable sportbike- who'd a thunk such a thing was possible.

It is truly a do everything motorcycle.

quote:

Originally posted by whodom:

quote:

Originally posted by craigq:

The roller bearing cage in the big end of the rods on 2006-up Buells is silver plated to increase durability. That's the only place I can think of you'd have it.

They do silver plate the bottom rod bearing on asian model MX Bikes.That is a fact!

quote:

Originally posted by KX 455:

quote:

Originally posted by whodom:

They do silver plate the bottom rod bearing on asian model MX Bikes.That is a fact!

Pure craziness
grin.gif
Thanks for some explanations guys
worshippy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back