Budweiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take any cheap beer (old milwaukee etc) and add some bacardi limon rum. Covers the flavor, goes down smooth, etc.

I'll try that tonight with some limon rum. Thanks for the tip.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Old Milwaukee is a really good beer for a good price.

So is Old Style.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Old Milwaukee is a really good beer for a good price.

So is Old Style.

Hard to find sometimes. On a side note, I do not see what the big deal is with Bud Light. That stuff taste like kraap!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I don't understand why rice is in the recipe (except it's probably cheap). I can taste it. Blech!

you are correct my friend, it is cheap and it ferments.

personally, I like beer with flavor, not just overpriced bitter water.

A very decent, cheap, American beer is Miller High Life. Much, much better than that MGD swill.

I may have just found my new favorite bottled beer. New Belgium Brewing's 1554. It's a black ale. Very tasty.

Ed

I've downed many a Miller High Life and it is a solid beer. What I don't like is MGD Light, or "64" or whatever they call it. There is absolutely NO taste to this stuff at all.

My all time least favorite beer is the Miller Chill or Chelada, or whatever. That stuff was awful and I drank half of one and had to dump out the remaining 11.5 bottles of it. Nasty kraap.

Originally Posted By: Wasatch
At least drink some Sam Adams instead.

Old Milwaukee actually scored higher than Bud, Bud lite, Miller, etc., on beer rating web sites. Don't knock it dude.
grin2.gif

Maybe if everybody was drunk to start with.

Originally Posted By: Cogito
Originally Posted By: Wasatch
At least drink some Sam Adams instead.

Old Milwaukee actually scored higher than Bud, Bud lite, Miller, etc., on beer rating web sites. Don't knock it dude.
grin2.gif

Maybe if everybody was drunk to start with.

From the Beer Advocate: Bud Light - score D minus

Presentation: 22 oz brown wide mouth bottle, “born on date” on the label for freshness. This sample was pour into a frozen mug to bring it to optimum temperature.

Appearance: Palest yellow that a beer could be you would guess, almost colourless to a point. Exceptional clarity with a faint wispy white lace.

Smell: Very clean aroma, nearly nothing there. Cereal grains and a light whiff of filtered grain reaches the nose.

Taste: Very light bodied, close to bone dry. Thin seltzer like mouth feel. Virtually no hops noticeable to the tongue until the crispness kicks and subsides … bitterness seems to only ride the wave of seltzer like carbonation, but little at that. Malt is extremely thin and scant to the palate. Touch of grain and husk in the flavour but that is about it. Bone dry finish comes to no surprise.

Notes: This beer is for the tasteless beer drinker that thinks there is only ONE beer out there. You may as well drink some seltzer water with alcohol added to it … get the picture, you are not a real beer drinker!

Serving type: bottle.

Old Milwaukee Light - score B

Presentation: 12 oz can, no freshness date. I love the boasting on the can; 1999 GABF Gold medal winner … America’s Best Tasting Light Beer.

Appearance: Translucent very pale yellow, perfect clarity with a minimal yet sticky lace on top.

Smell: Very clean nose with hints of grain and a smidgen of hops.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Super smooth with a spot on crispness, watery malt and cereal grain flavour. Very little hops at all, just a small amount of bitterness and not flavour. Very clean on the palate with little to no off flavours … I could not detect any. Clean and dry.

Notes: This is what a light beer is supposed to be, If I was a light beer drinker this is the one I would go for time and time again.

Serving type: can

Links:
Bud Light-> http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/1320/?ba=bros

Old Milwaukee Light -> http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/447/2260/?ba=bros

Thanks for posting that Kernel. Vindication for those of us that like to get a sixer for under 5. I don't know why Bud Light continues to be the best selling light beer when there are many better alternatives out there.
21.gif

Last edited:
Th I don't know why Bud Light continues to be the best selling light beer when there are many better alternatives out there.
21.gif

Because "Joe Six-Pack" doesn't like the taste of real beer. So he drinks the seltzer water stuff.

People don't like the taste of beer so they drink a beer that has no flavor.

People don't like the taste of coffee so they drink cream and sugar with a splash of coffee. Aka frappucinos.

Maybe that also explains the flavorless meat and potatoes that fast food restaurants serve up by the ton.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
People don't like the taste of coffee so they drink cream and sugar with a splash of coffee. Aka frappucinos.

I just can't drink black coffee. I can't.

Add some sugar and cream and it turns it into something completely different.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Th I don't know why Bud Light continues to be the best selling light beer when there are many better alternatives out there.
21.gif

Because "Joe Six-Pack" doesn't like the taste of real beer. So he drinks the seltzer water stuff.

People don't like the taste of beer so they drink a beer that has no flavor.

Maybe that also explains the flavorless meat and potatoes that fast food restaurants serve up by the ton.

I think it is more along the lines of "Joe Six-Pack" never having had a good beer. Introduce ol'Joe to an Anchor Steam beer and tell him about the all malt recipe and actual hop profile. Any respectable, sessionable craft beer will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back