Budget smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using a budget LG phone on cricket wireless the camera was quite impressive. the phone is a Risio 3

Last edited:
The firmware that does post-processing is a decent part of cellphone cameras too, and improves every product cycle.

This is an amazing phone but not easy to find, our family of 3 each has one, been using it well over a year. Price was around $70.00

Huawei has run amuck with the US government, stating they are suspected of sending information back to China. Well, not that I do not agree but I suspect most everything coming from China is suspect, so unless your going to get an IPHONE then this is a good choice. After Tim Cooks speech this year, I MAY get an Iphone someday because even USA companies like google and all the others are wholesale selling your information. I posted it before, anyone can google or better yet duckduckgo.com "Tim Cook Speech"

AS far as the phone, if you can still find/buy it, here it is, you will be amazed it performs and looks many times its price. Been using cell phones for 2 decades now, this one is just amazing.
This is the Cricket version, since Cricket is also ATT they also have a ATT Version but I forget the name. Oh, and battery life? Easy to go two days.

Link to the phone

Link to ATT version

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
This is an amazing phone but not easy to find, our family of 3 each has one, been using it well over a year. Price was around $70.00

Huawei has run amuck with the US government, stating they are suspected of sending information back to China. Well, not that I do not agree but I suspect most everything coming from China is suspect, so unless your going to get an IPHONE then this is a good choice. After Tim Cooks speech this year, I MAY get an Iphone someday because even USA companies like google and all the others are wholesale selling your information. I posted it before, anyone can google or better yet duckduckgo.com "Tim Cook Speech"

AS far as the phone, if you can still find/buy it, here it is, you will be amazed it performs and looks many times its price. Been using cell phones for 2 decades now, this one is just amazing.
This is the Cricket version, since Cricket is also ATT they also have a ATT Version but I forget the name. Oh, and battery life? Easy to go two days.

Link to the phone

Link to ATT version

yes a good looking phone indeed. shame that Huawei did what they did. my very first smartphone was a Huawei Ascend tapout edition on MetroPCS.

I am amazed that people can't quite get the grasp that there isn't privacy on any form of communication. This stuff isn't new.

Originally Posted by CT8
I am amazed that people can't quite get the grasp that there isn't privacy on any form of communication. This stuff isn't new.

The issue with Huawei is that Gov't agencies and law enforcement used their networking and routing device's and that's where Huawei went rogue.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Originally Posted by CT8
I am amazed that people can't quite get the grasp that there is privacy on any for of communication. This stuff isn't new.

The issue with Huawei is that Gov't agencies and law enforcement used their networking and routing device's and that's where Huawei went rogue.

Ummm ... I wouldnt get too crazy about it, its a darn good phone. They have been exposed, unlike all the companies that have not been, Huawei is being watched now, again, unlike all the others out there.
Unless your going to get an APPLE, which is 10 times more secure then anything else on the market, you might as well pay $70 for a phone that works almost as good and blows everything else out of the water as all the others have the same apps and mostly made in the same country.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8

Please expand?

What is your budget? To me, a budget smart phone is under $100. A really nice one is $250. I've never had one in this range with what I'd call an outstanding camera, but my camera skills aren't great either.

Absolutely love my Moto E4+. The display is a bit low res, but it doesn't bother me and the battery is HUGE and lasts forever. I've recommended Moto E's and G's to friends and family members. If I wreck a phone I want it to be a $70 phone, not a $700 phone.

Not to hijack this thread, but;

If I wanted to get a Smart Phone just to use as a Camera, what are good options ?

I assume the (inexpensive) pre-paid phones require a Monthly internet fee ?

Thanks for any comments.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
Not to hijack this thread, but;

If I wanted to get a Smart Phone just to use as a Camera, what are good options ?

I assume the (inexpensive) pre-paid phones require a Monthly internet fee ?

Thanks for any comments.

Pick something up off ebay. The cameras work without a service plan.

My last LG was a G2..still works to this day.

I have 3 smartphones..a $200 Essential PH-1 "Amazon Edition"; a $570 Apple Refurbished iPhone 8 Plus Product Red (as back-ups)..and my favorite, is a $72 daily driver/burner Nexus 5X (2015) from Ebay, running on stock Oreo 8.1/Oct 2018 sec patch. It takes VERY GOOD pics (latest Google Camera app).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jorton
Samsung?

is a brand.

there is everything from the J3 to the s9 and about 40 more models inbetween.

now what you need to ask to get any kind of useful answer is something like this:

"does the lg q7 have a good camera"

or

"how is the lg q7 camera compared to other budget phones such as the samsung J3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back