Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much screen time do genitals get this time around?
grin2.gif

I do get the picture. I practically slid out out of my chair howling with laughter during the nude hotel fight in Borat. I also enjoyed Borat presenting the lady of the house with a gift of a, shall we say rather personal nature?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Not enough! Seriously I wonder if people who don't get this get Monty Python, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, etc, well you get the picture?

I guess I have to force myself.

I find absolutely nothing "entertaining" about this

If it's just an endless series of semi-"reality encounters" ..I don't think I'll see much to it.

Not enough! Seriously I wonder if people who don't get this get Monty Python, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, etc, well you get the picture?

Each one of those shows are among my favorites.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
I am speechless after watching it.

Luckily, you can still run your fingers!
LOL.gif

As a fan of the original Ali G show, I used to love watching him use his characters to make ridiculous people look ridiculous. Bruno was probably the best one for that purpose. With Ali G and Borat, he provided much of the humor himself. But with Bruno, it was often the interviewee that unknowingly performed the amusing character role. I hope the Bruno movie is better than Borat. That had some funny moments, but it was a big disappointment overall.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
That beach/bathing suit scene just shut him out of my future viewing forever. I'm sure it's funny to many. It's the same with this guy.

There is an art to bad art. Even if you are repulsed on one level, another part of you can admire him for very effectively spotting and triggering your gross-out buttons. I didn't laugh much at Borat, but I analyzed and appreciated on an intellectual level the mechanics and the art of what he was doing.

Steve Martin is similar. He has done a talk or two about the years he spent learning the art of making "stupid" funny.

Oh, I can surely admire something like "bad cinema" done well. In my case (with Borat) I can't get past the cover to read the book. I'm sure that it's my loss.

to warm up the bedroom i sometimes don my 'mankini' and strut myself for the missus (with a VB in each hand of course). she loves it!

For those who thinks Borat and Bruno is bad art due to the gross factor. I recommend something completely different:

Godzilla 2000 (the made in Japan version) with English voice over. The poor translation and cultural difference makes it one of the best laughing matter in my college life.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
For those who thinks Borat and Bruno is bad art due to the gross factor. I recommend something completely different:

Godzilla 2000 (the made in Japan version) with English voice over. The poor translation and cultural difference makes it one of the best laughing matter in my college life.

That would probably be more to my taste. While I appreciated Borat on one level, it was only at that level. My general feeling was he set his target low, and hit it. Therefore I wondered if he could do better.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
to warm up the bedroom i sometimes don my 'mankini' and strut myself for the missus (with a VB in each hand of course). she loves it!

Oh my.....I'm sorry but with your "handle" and "mankini" stuffed in one post...I just got a terrible mental image. Above and beyond Master Borat in a thong.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

I might give it a try. I really enjoyed the original Godzilla series. It was badly done so well, imo. A group of 5 adults ..standing in a field ..with a clear view to the horizon ..and all of a sudden, one turning around and looking up in a manner that could only be an object that was the height of the Eiffel Tower as viewed from its base, saying, "Ooooo!
shocked2.gif
Godzilla!!! ..along with all the model trains and whatnot getting smashed up ..etc..etc.

Follow that up with Heavyweight Wrestling from the old Philadelphia Arena ...and you've got the absolute best in bad entertainment. Excellence without par.

Probably not. Borat is dead, Bruno won't be around for to long.

Yeah, put a different wig on the same guy and give him a different name. Like the difference between Buick and Chevrolet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back