Browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 10, Internet Explorer. On certain forums I can't read my posts with Internet Explorer but if I grab my Chrome Book and with Google Chrome I can read my posts. I already downloaded Google Chrome and use that mainly so its not an issue but what it the cause with Internet Explorer? Thanks

The cause in IE. All versions of IE have had problems and most individuals opt for something else. When IE8 got to where it would hardly work, I went to Google Chrome and have had no problems.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
All versions of IE have had problems and most individuals opt for something else.

Quite a generalization.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
#1 firefox with the ad blocker add-in

That's what I use. It's my favorite. I'll use Chrome second and IE last.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
What to you mean can't read? Is it just a blank page?
It will show me logged on but my text is missing. Everything else is there.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
#1 firefox with the ad blocker add-in

Yes, Firefox, Chrome, AdBlock Plus is a must, free 10 second download.

Last edited:
I'd guess it has to do with IE's security settings. It could come delivered to you "screwed-down-tight" by default compared to Chrome. I don't use IE myself. Any type of scripting might be disabled by default. Depends on what SW the forum is using. More info. needed....

Interesting link there. Didn't realize use of FF had dropped so much. Nor that use of IE was so high. Then again, "the vast majority" don't do much with their computers, except use the SW that comes with it.

I think IE is no longer supported by Microsoft, so they stopped sending updates for this browser and stopped the support. I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Windows 10, Internet Explorer. On certain forums I can't read my posts with Internet Explorer but if I grab my Chrome Book and with Google Chrome I can read my posts. I already downloaded Google Chrome and use that mainly so its not an issue but what it the cause with Internet Explorer? Thanks

Windows 10, its not called Explorer anymore, its Windows Edge. I know what you mean, its not exactly reaDy for primetime just yet, with older bumbling sites like forums. IN reality, the older sites are the ones that need to get up to speed.

I pretty much use Edge to do my banking, which since with banking sites, they adhere to the latest web standards/security etc and Windows Edge works just fine.
Older sites have more issues with it and lets not let Windows off the hook entirely, they are still fixing some bugs witch get updated automatically and you have no choice when it comes to updates on the Home Version of Windows, when you update to WIndows 10 you turn over COMPLETE update control to Microsoft for them to update your computer at anytime with no need to ask you for permission.

AS a second/third browser, what others have said, Chrome and/or Firefox, dont forget to install the free AdBlock Plus on them. Ad Block Plus for Edge will be out soon too.
AdBlock Plus is a fantastic program that limits the amount of ads showing up on your browser, think about it, your being BOMBED with internet ads now and YOU ARE THE ONE PAYING FOR IT!

You PAY DEARLY for these sites bombing you with ads, streaming news reports etc simply because your internet can slow to a crawl on your home network and if it does your tempted to upgrade your internet service to more speed so they can bomb you with even more ads!
You certainly have the right to block ads being delivered to your computer since you are the one who pays for the delivery!

Once you start blocking you will notice how much faster your connection works simply because you stopped these ad spammers from forcing you to pay for content you do not want.

You can also turn off "auto play" in browsers and flash, so when for example you are reading news from a site but do not care for the video version to start playing in the background or video ads! You will simply get a blank window where the video would play and "right click" if you want it to play, you are in control this way, again, speeding up your internet service that YOU pay for, not the ad servers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: Blaze

Windows 10, its not called Explorer anymore, its Windows Edge. I know what you mean, its not exactly reaDy for primetime just yet, with older bumbling sites like forums. IN reality, the older sites are the ones that need to get up to speed.

I pretty much use Edge to do my banking, which since with banking sites, they adhere to the latest web standards/security etc and Windows Edge works just fine.
Older sites have more issues with it and lets not let Windows off the hook entirely, they are still fixing some bugs witch get updated automatically and you have no choice when it comes to updates on the Home Version of Windows, when you update to WIndows 10 you turn over COMPLETE update control to Microsoft for them to update your computer at anytime with no need to ask you for permission.

IE 11 is included with Windows 10 too for when Edge doesn't work properly, FYI.

Originally Posted By: AkiLopez
I think IE is no longer supported by Microsoft, so they stopped sending updates for this browser and stopped the support. I could be wrong though.

IE is most certainly supported. Even IE8 is still getting updates, LOL!

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Blaze said:
You can also turn off "auto play" in browsers and flash, so when for example you are reading news from a site but do not care for the video version to start playing in the background or video ads! You will simply get a blank window where the video would play and "right click" if you want it to play, you are in control this way, again, speeding up your internet service that YOU pay for, not the ad servers.

I have Windows 10 / Firefox / Flashplayer. How do I turn off Auto-Play? Please take me thru the steps.

There are people that still use Internet Explorer? WOW!! I stopped using IE over 15 years ago and have never looked back. Since I run Ubuntu and OS X, IE isn't even an option, cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back