Brought home this beauty (new half-ton Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Check your transmission fluid level when it's hot. Sometimes they get delivered low. Same for the front 'n rear diff & transfer case, fill so you can just touch the fluid with your pinky finger, or about an inch below the fill hole.

The 8L90E is supposed to improve fuel economy about 5% or 1 mpg.

He is quite unlikely to have the 8L90E as he only has a half ton model. But it will definitely help his economy.

I wish folks could get over the "slew" of AFM failures. I wonder how many percent it really was, as the production line makes over a million units in a good year. With that many some are bound to be bad, but Internet Amplification always occurs and some of us still get worked up over Dexcool.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Check your transmission fluid level when it's hot. Sometimes they get delivered low. Same for the front 'n rear diff & transfer case, fill so you can just touch the fluid with your pinky finger, or about an inch below the fill hole.

The 8L90E is supposed to improve fuel economy about 5% or 1 mpg.

He is quite unlikely to have the 8L90E as he only has a half ton model. But it will definitely help his economy.

I wish folks could get over the "slew" of AFM failures. I wonder how many percent it really was, as the production line makes over a million units in a good year. With that many some are bound to be bad, but Internet Amplification always occurs and some of us still get worked up over Dexcool.

Yes! THIS-EXACTLY!!
eek.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back