Broken intake manifold

I've been chasing a squeel under the hood of my 2002 wrangler. It was a tough one to find. As soon as if would open the hood it would stop. Then it would come back while driving.

Acted like a vacuum leak to me. Press the gas and it goes away. I finally got more serious about it and determined that it was a vacuum leak where the intake manifold meets the head.

I have seen a few threads over the years on the jeep forums about an intake gasket leak. Not real common but not unheard of.

Pulled it apart and found this. Things broke!

I find this odd as I bought the jeep brand new,never wrecked or had the intake off till now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605-171435.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605-171435.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 155
I've been chasing a squeel under the hood of my 2002 wrangler. It was a tough one to find. As soon as if would open the hood it would stop. Then it would come back while driving.

Acted like a vacuum leak to me. Press the gas and it goes away. I finally got more serious about it and determined that it was a vacuum leak where the intake manifold meets the head.

I have seen a few threads over the years on the jeep forums about an intake gasket leak. Not real common but not unheard of.

Pulled it apart and found this. Things broke!

I find this odd as I bought the jeep brand new,never wrecked or had the intake off till now.
same thing happened on the 96-2000 Civic's.. with that it was Honda going cheap on the casting, too thin and over time it would crack. but this was the exhaust manifold..

Back