BRITE-BORE Gun Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's grease and it goes on a part that slides, then it'll probably work.

If you're asking about actual testing I've never heard of it.
Google may be your best bet for reviews.

A quick google search shows what appears to be a vintage gun grease, made 30-60 years ago perhaps. I'd stick it in the garage to use on hinges and such and buy a more modern, made in this century grease for use on the guns.

TW25b is a good gun grease. So is tetra, Slide Guide, and Shooters Choice gun grease.

I like the reusable syringe that the Shooters choice comes in. You can refill it many times with Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease, which is practically the same thing.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Gun grease ... Should I use it

Some platforms are better lubed with grease, others are better lubed with oils. What are you lubing up?

Definitely antique grease, unopened in original box. Just curious. Have Semi-auto pistols and shot-guns that function fine using other cleaners & oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: totegoat
Should I use it or sell it?

Is there a market for vintage gun grease? $2 at a flea market? Perhaps $10-$15 to a collector on eBay maybe. Throw it up on eBay and see if any takers.

Originally Posted By: Al
You can bet there are better lubes on the market nowadays than this "antique"..sell it.

The amount of time a lubricant has remained on the market, or how old it happens to be, is not conducive to it's quality. I used Lubriplate Grease on my Lionel trains when I was 6 years old. 57 years later I'm still using it on all of my M1-A rifles. Because that is what the manufacturer has recommended. They haven't even changed the label in all that time.

Originally Posted By: billt460

The amount of time a lubricant has remained on the market, or how old it happens to be, is not conducive to it's quality. I used Lubriplate Grease on my Lionel trains when I was 6 years old. 57 years later I'm still using it on all of my M1-A rifles. Because that is what the manufacturer has recommended. They haven't even changed the label in all that time.

Well you can say that. But lubricants have become exponentially better in the last 20 and even 10 years. A quick read in Tribology and Lubrication Technology Mag over the years will demonstrate that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
Al said:
I used Lubriplate Grease on my Lionel trains when I was 6 years old. 57 years later I'm still using it on all of my M1-A rifles. Because that is what the manufacturer has recommended.

tin_foil_hat_paranoid.jpg

I use Gun Slick's anhydrous graphite grease on the rails of my Walther, Glock, and Bersa semi-auto pistols. Doesn't take much, couple dots on end of a q-tip rubbed into the rail tracks of the slide. Then oil via a needle tipped precision oiler for internals that need it.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I use Gun Slick's anhydrous graphite grease on the rails of my Walther, Glock, and Bersa semi-auto pistols. Doesn't take much, couple dots on end of a q-tip rubbed into the rail tracks of the slide. Then oil via a needle tipped precision oiler for internals that need it.

The problem with graphite is that it can corrode aluminum. The problem is worse if it's around salt water or sweat.

BSW

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Slides on my guns are anodized, eliminates the corrosion vulnerability.

Anodize can crack and expose bare aluminum. The barrel nut anti-seize applied to M16 series rifles is MoS based for that reason.

BSW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back