Bristol Dirt

I'm really impressed with this race. Probably the best one this season, in my opinion.

🏁 Well, that was a finish.

Unofficial Top 10:

1. Kyle Busch
2. Tyler Reddick
3. Joey Logano
4. Kyle Larson
5. Ryan Blaney
6. Alex Bowman
7. Christopher Bell
8. Chase Elliott
9. Michael McDowell
10. Ty Dillon 🏁

Oh well, congratulations to Busch...but I'm really disappointed that Reddick didn't get it.

I'm impressed with both Briscoe and Reddick...that could've easily been a fight, but they handled it like men. They both seem to be stand up guys. That was a great race.

IMO NASCAR ruined the best paved short track on the circuit. Use another one for dirt but let them race paved Bristol. More action.

I will say was it a show yes it was but to call it a NASCAR race no it was not.

From my understanding it will go again next year just announced few minutes ago

The paved Bristol races of today aren't the same door bangers we had in the 90s and 00's....in my opinion, the move to truck in dirt for one of the two Bristol dates is a good one. It was a good race and the new car performed well. I'd like to see them add another dirt date or two to the schedule. We're just going to have to accept that Nascar isn't the same as it used to be, and I myself quit watching for several years because of that. This season however, with it's new car and roster of new drivers has been fun to watch so far. I thoroughly enjoyed the race.

Yes. I don’t watch anymore either. Races are too long to commit that much time. Two hour races would generate more fan interest and more intense efforts by drivers. Riding around in the lead lap for 3.5 hours and racing the last 30 minutes doesn’t seem exciting to me. If it was an endurance race for manufacturers then have a separate series. By the way, did Toyota ever produce and sale to the public a pushrod V-8?

Yes. I don’t watch anymore either. Races are too long to commit that much time. Two hour races would generate more fan interest and more intense efforts by drivers. Riding around in the lead lap for 3.5 hours and racing the last 30 minutes doesn’t seem exciting to me. If it was an endurance race for manufacturers then have a separate series. By the way, did Toyota ever produce and sale to the public a pushrod V-8?
They had a hemi V8 for their Japanese limousine back in the day. I think it was available from the 60's to the very early 90's. None of the current Nascar engines from Hendrick, ECR, Roush Yates or TRD are based on any stock V8. I have read that ARCA and the truck series are using the Ilmor 396, which is based on Chevrolet LS architecture. The Ilmor is also used in SRX.

Back