Bring it(winter) on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am eagerly awaiting delivery of SF MTL-P. It will see use in my 5 speed Vibe transmission (Toyota tranny); just in time for all those winter runs to the hockey rinks around my province
canada.gif

Hey with GC in the engine, MTL-P in the tranny and Nokian RSIs on the tires I may not want winter to end.
grin.gif

I had to wear a coat for the second day in a row. That's enough winter for me.
smile.gif

With GC in your Toyota, summer or winter, rain or sunshine, not even a coffee break (yes, like Rusty Jones) it will serve you well.

Winter is the time of year
When GC's advantage becomes clear
"Cause here's one thing that won't be seen:
That is the freezin' o' The Green

Pabs,

You'll be pleased to know that when I went to pick up the Audi at what is probably the Springs top maintainer of high end cars (he drives a Talbot-Matra and a 500 hp Alfa Spyder), we got into a discussion on oil: alas, he is a Follower of the Amsoil Way...I mean he is hooked...I did get his interest up with GC, however....but I don't think he is ready to depart The Amsoil Way.

"I am running my AC at the moment. We have been having 85+ days here"

Jonny Z,

What day is Austin scheduled to have winter this year?
wink.gif

I like running 0w30 year round because it's one less thing to worry about in fall/spring. I change over from pink windshield washer fluid to blue in early October. Still a ways from winter but the bug season is over anyways. So that just leaves me with "when to change over to winter tires?" Usually I totally miss it and end up driving around on dry roads with winter tires for 3 weeks or slipping and sliding on all-seasons for a few days after the first snow storm. But this year I hit it perfect. The weatherman predicted 6" of snow for last Tuesday AM(and he was right) so I switched all my cars over Monday night. Bought my first set of Michelin X-Ice, they seem to work even better than the Arctic Alpins.

what is the coldest it gets in Austin year round? 60 degrees? no wonder so many of our fellow TX BITOG use 15w-40
smile.gif

colder than that. Normal lows there in January around or below freezing I think. Not Minnesota by any means, but then again not Key West either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back