Briggs and Stratton Lawn Mower Oil for 2 Cycle??

Why on their website does it suggest using Briggs lm oil as 2 cycle oil. I’m guessing that it’s a typo.
32A29114-444D-4A5F-9898-04B001B96FCD.jpeg

They should omit the words lawn mower oil all together. I get the point but I am sure there will be someone dumping 30 weight in the gas.

Last edited:
What I get from it is not to use "motor" oil mixed with gasoline for a two cycle engine and use "two cycle" oil mixed with the gas at a ratio of 50:
Ya but it links to syn 5w30

The B&S website developer could do better.
It’s there. We have to look a little more.

I get the point but I am sure there will be someone dumping 30 weight in the gas.
I worked with someone that burned up 3 weed eaters in one shift because he mixed up a 2.5 gallon can of gas with 2.5 "bottles" of 10w-30 motor oil. He was using an old 2-stroke oil bottle to measure the "correct" amount of motor oil, because oil is oil.

'60's Saab 2 stroke cars used to use non deter. 30w mix in the gas tank. Had a customer that was a regular back in 1970 that always came into the Esso station where I worked. Old memory says 1 qt. to 8 gallons of gas was the customers request.
How many of those motors are still on the road ? I only have seen one today on the road and it belongs to a neighbor who has been using synth. oils since they came out.

Back in the day a few people I knew would mix their own brew of motor oil in gas, for their stuff. It usually resulted in excessive smoke and fouled plugs. That 16 oz bottle of 2 stroke oil seems like a deal to me, but would last me 2 lifetimes at the rate I'd use it . I buy a 2 pak of 2 oz bottles at the auto parts store and get more then 2 seasons out of them.,,

Back in the day a few people I knew would mix their own brew of motor oil in gas, for their stuff. It usually resulted in excessive smoke and fouled plugs. That 16 oz bottle of 2 stroke oil seems like a deal to me, but would last me 2 lifetimes at the rate I'd use it . I buy a 2 pak of 2 oz bottles at the auto parts store and get more then 2 seasons out of them.,,
I use the 16oz bottle. It usually lasts me about 2 years.

I remember old lawn boys having the 32:1 mix rate, “mix x-amount-of 30w MS spec oil per gallon of gas”. It wasn’t labeled 2-stroke oil at the time.

Back