Bridgestone Protenza ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Protenza"? LOL!

Try "Potenza". There are about 10 different Bridgestone Potenza models, so you have to be a little more specific. I had the S03 in size 225/45/17 a while back - tremendous amount of dry/wet grip, but very stiff and quite noisy after the first 10K miles. Not that comfort or noise are important in a true performance tire.

I just got my hands on some Bridgestone Protenza 225/50/17 with aluminum OEM rims that came off a 4th gen Eclipse, are those tires any good? Gonna try throwing them on my 1st gen eclipse after the winter.

My son and daughter in law's Mazda came from the factory with the 195/55/15 Potenzas. While servicing it last weekend I noticed that at, 45,043 miles, they are ready for replacement. Worn tread and weather cracks. I checked the manufatured dates on them and they are mid 2002. Costco has a sale on Michelin and BF Goodrich tires so I ordered a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/As V rated for $349.12. They are rated at 60,000 miles so I'll see how they perform.

All my tires last around 15-20K miles. If they survived up to 45K, I'd be worried I bought the wrong tires.
smile.gif

Stay away from the RE92 Crapenzas. Just ask the many Subaru and Nissan owners about their wet/snow grip.

If they are the RE92's, they are the absolute and utter worst all-season tire for use in winter conditions. Garbage. I am on my third set, all OEM first a 95 Civic, 2004 Subaru WRX and sadly our 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
frown.gif

Hehe... they company car I drive now has the RE92, and they're pretty well worn, too. Thankfully, I don't have to put up with snow, but I agree, wet driving is a massacre on these tires.

C'mon, the RE92's aren't THAT bad. There are alot worse. They came with my REX. They are FAR better in the wet than the stock Sti 070. ( imagine that )
I ran 225/45/17 potenza 070 ( the stock STi tire ) and they were bricks and slid horribly on dusty vegas roads,and being half slick were useless in any water.
I went to Michelin PS2's and absolutely love them. Better in all ways than the 070's, and the 92's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back