Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently put a set of Potenza RE-11As on my S2000 and did two track days at Pocono. They were outstanding. On day one I had an instructor who is a semi-pro driver and I let him take my car out for a session since he was working on his racecar, after a few laps he said, "[censored], you've got some good tires on this thing!" which was high praise coming from him. The tires were utterly sticky helping me carry more speed than in previous years. Even with limited miles on them, I'd recommend these without hesitation to anyone who does a combination of street/track use.

Last edited:
Updated compound (supposed to be incrementally better in all respects) and several hundred dollars in the buyer's favor! They knew they came up with a slightly better tire than Dunlop but couldn't compete on price so they knew they had to price it very aggressively. Dare I say, they're almost a bargain for what you get.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gofast182
They knew they came up with a slightly better tire than Dunlop but couldn't compete on price so they knew they had to price it very aggressively.

Dunlop is getting ready to launch Sport Maxx RT in reply/competition to RE-11A. Here is the link for some info
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

Originally Posted By: dparm
What's new with the 11A over the 11?

Bump. I got the RE-11 on my autocross wheels.

Originally Posted By: bourne
They knew they came up with a slightly better tire than Dunlop but couldn't compete on price so they knew they had to price it very aggressively.

Dunlop is getting ready to launch Sport Maxx RT in reply/competition to RE-11A. Here is the link for some info
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

This is incorrect. Dunlop just launched the Direzza ZII to compete in the 'Extreme Performance Summer' category along with the new Potenza RE-11A. The Sport Maxx RT is in the 'Maximum Performance Summer' category which is the next down from Extreme, so it's Bridgestone competition is actually the Potenza S-04 Pole Position.

Originally Posted By: bourne

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

This is incorrect. Dunlop just launched the Direzza ZII to compete in the 'Extreme Performance Summer' category along with the new Potenza RE-11A. The Sport Maxx RT is in the 'Maximum Performance Summer' category which is the next down from Extreme, so it's Bridgestone competition is actually the Potenza S-04 Pole Position.

+1

I almost went with with the RE-11A for the summer tire on my MS3 work beater. Great tires!

Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Originally Posted By: dparm
What's new with the 11A over the 11?

Bump. I got the RE-11 on my autocross wheels.

RE-11 are rated 180 for treadwear, the newer RE-11A's are rated 200. The RE-11A's are also supposed to have a very tiny edge in dry traction over the RE-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back