Breaking out the October beers!!!

Coming from Berks County Pa. -- Victory brings out there Storm King this time of year. Victory Brewery is approximately 40 minutes from my house. So tasty and my girlfriend luvs Samuel Adams Octoberfest this time of year also. What are we divining on good BITOG peoples?

I gave up alcohol (not addiction related, just decided to better myself). But those beers were both some of my favorites. Nice to see someone out there with good taste buds!

Hacker-Pschorr was the last Oktoberfest beer I had. Gotta go see what's available at my local stores.

I had Sam Adams Octoberfest before and didn't care for it. It tastes nothing like the German beers. Plus SA does not know how to spell Oktoberfest. :)

Not exactly seasonal(kinda is) but I just brewed another 5 gal of Brown ale and racked 10 gallons of cider(5gals/dry 10.5% abv and 5gals/sweet@ 5.9%ABV)

Last edited:
I'll have to see what's available around here. He have some small scale brewers around including Gillman Brewing and Fieldwork. Right now Fieldwork looks like they're deep into Oktoberfest. They have a German style Pilsner, a Dortmunder export lager, a Helles lager, a bock lager, and a black lager.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest is about the only one I really like. I’ve tried others and they just don’t cut it for me. Idk what it is. Their Boston Lager is a good fall beer too IMO. *Has anyone been able to find their Hoppy Red? It was always available in fall packs.

A great “fall-ish” non seasonal beer is Warsteiner Dunkel.

Hacker-Pschorr was the last Oktoberfest beer I had. Gotta go see what's available at my local stores.

I had Sam Adams Octoberfest before and didn't care for it. It tastes nothing like the German beers. Plus SA does not know how to spell Oktoberfest. :)

Yeah, I don’t mind regular Sam Adams but that’s it. The Hacker-Pschorr is on tap near me and it’s very good. They have regular and Oktoberfest too 🍻🇺🇸

Back