Breaking News : Major Refinery Accident (Exxon/Mobil - Texas)

funny how when gas prices are up there is always a refinery problem, a pipeline problem , one thing or another going on with fuel just saying...glad no one was hurt

Hopefully gas prices will hit 6 or 7 dollars a gallon
Yes, let's put it all on the backs of poor families, many of whom cannot even afford a used EV. And it's doubtful they'd even have a way to charge an EV at their apartment buildings. For the lucky ones who have homes, most garages/carports cannot power anything more than a Level 1 charger. And these folks probably cannot justify spending money on a 230-volt circuit and a Level 2 charger. I suspect most would opt for food, clothes, and paying rent.

BTW, how do greenies feel about powering their status symbols (er, uh EVs) with electricity generated using natural gas, coal, dammed up rivers, and even fuel oil?

CSB?

Something Safety Board?
U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board

It's one of the few government agencies people like, mainly due to it's informative and well made YouTube videos

U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board

It's one of the few government agencies people like, mainly due to it's informative and well made YouTube videos
Ahhh okay, cool.

I was going into work last day before Winter Break as they were still putting out the flames. I wonder how fast that takes, to extinguish a fire like that.. Cut off/smother the oxygen?

Ahhh okay, cool.

I was going into work last day before Winter Break as they were still putting out the flames. I wonder how fast that takes, to extinguish a fire like that.. Cut off/smother the oxygen?
My guess is they use foam to smother them. Water on a petroleum fire is a no no. Whenever there is a tanker truck fire around here they usually call out the local airport crew for mutual aid with foam.

Back