Breaking down Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in having Mobil 1 tested like the GC? Should not take as long I'd imagine.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
bump.

A what exactley is "supersyn" breakdown? What makes it so super?
wink.gif

I bet it is PAO(1)+ PAO(2, supersyn) + AN + additives.
Unless it is untrue about esters no longer being present(but aren't many additives synthesized into ester form?)
dunno.gif
It would be cool to know for sure.

quote:

Originally posted by Bryanccfshr:

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
bump.

A what exactley is "supersyn" breakdown? What makes it so super?
wink.gif

I bet it is PAO(1)+ PAO(2, supersyn) + AN + additives.
Unless it is untrue about esters no longer being present(but aren't many additives synthesized into ester form?)
dunno.gif
It would be cool to know for sure.

low esters or esterless??????
confused.gif

Id say 5w-30 EP or non EP

Hi,

for goodness sake don't tell Ted (Tooslick)you want to look inside M1, he will then want to "dismantle" M1 0w-40 to find out why millions of expensive high performance (hp/litre) and twin turbo/supercharged engines don't disintegrate when it shears? (actually Porsche, MB and AMG already know why and just won't tell Amsoil)

Now, another thought may be to also investigate why some Amsoil versions allegedly become more viscous - hello Ted!

Oh well, just a thought!!

Keep smiling - keep happy

Regards
Doug

I do not think that testing a single oil would be much use. However, testing a few related oils would have value. Then one would be able to compare them.

For example I would analyze the new SM 5W-20, the SL 0W-30 and 0W-40 Mobil 1 oils. If you were a Mobil 1 user and changed the oil with normal rather then extended intervals then you would have information to pick the wt. you wanted. This would cover the thin, medium and even thick people for the most part.

I would put $200 in the pot.

aehaas

I'm in, who else? Being it is the most popular synthetic oil sold, lets do it.

And once you have done this, what will you have learned? I mean that you do not already know now? Sounds to me like not much, you pretty much already know the majority composition of Mobil 1, primarily PAO with very little if any ester, and maybe some carrier oil. Seems to me it would be better to answer a real question than wasting the effort on an answer in search of a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back